No announcement yet.

David Wacker '14 c 6-9 offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article on CU Buffs Rivals site http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1530296

David also keeps an up to date list of offers on his phone because he knows how angry coaches can get when they aren't mentioned in a recruiting update. That list runs as follows: Boise State, Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Colorado, Western Kentucky, St. Louis, Fresno State and Texas Tech.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      At least his first name isn't . . . . oh, I can't do it.
      Royal's a solid citizen -- I'm sure he meant Weed.

Comment

He will visit Nebraska, Boise State and Western Kentucky. If he chooses to take more visits they will come from a list of 5 other non-Final Four schools.

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com
        In the fast lane

Comment

I still don't get how a Final Four team with PT available for big guys is struggling to make the final list of these guys.

With that said, I'm starting to think, at least in this guys case, it's a good thing. Based off of his list of schools, I'd say he's afraid of facing competition or being pushed for PT at all. While Boise has gotten better, they're still not all that great. WKU has a bit of history, but aren't special. Nebraska sucks. None of these teams are going to be better than an 11 seed if they get in the dance.

We want guys here who want to get better. Who want to be pushed. We'll find another like Shaq that fits the bill, but it's a little frustrating seeing so many bigs choose to play in weaker programs.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm puzzled too. Maybe we got in late on some of these guys? With Wacker the first news of our offer was 2 weeks before his decision.
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

It's starting to look like landing Hurt is crucial. Still need a FR big for depth and security, but it's looking to be a bit more challenging than one would think.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

There's always the JUCO route. That has served us pretty damn well over the last several years.

Comment

How would you rate our front court last year. Great, Solid or meets minimum requirement? How would you rate this year's front court, Great, Solid or meets minimum requirement?

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                    There's always the JUCO route. That has served us pretty damn well over the last several years.
                    And that could be how we're being recruited against. I'm sure there are some negative recruiters out there telling kids they're going to be recruited over.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

All the predictions point to Nebraska http://247sports.com/Player/David-Wacker-31369

Comment

Nebraska, you're kidding, right? Doesn't he want to be on a winning team?

Comment

Verbals to Boise State

Comment

If he wasn't coming here anyway, that's a good choice -- I've been to Boise, and it's a fun place. Reminds me of a smaller and more manageable (and cooler-weather, obviously) version of Austin, another fun place with which he's probably somewhat familiar. (And also one that doesn't come to mind when I think of Lincoln, Nebraska.)

Comment

Working...
                            X