Demetrious. Floyd '14 5-11 g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demetrious. Floyd '14 5-11 g

Rivals' database now has WSU showing interest in Floyd who will be in his 2nd season at Chipola. As a freshman he averaged 11.4ppg, shooting 50% from the field, 42% from 3 and 75% from the line. Bradley, NC Central, Southern Miss and Stephen F. Austin also are involved.
    In the fast lane

I'm wondering if interest in this guy is a safety thing in case Bowles doesn't show progress this season.... No doubt this guy is worth a look if they're looking, but he'd be in the same class as FVV and a year ahead of DJ. And considering we're in on some pretty quality HS kids in both '14 and '15 I'd think depth could be had that route. But then again, the U doesn't pay me to figure these things out.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The key words, Sub, are "showing interest." As you and others have noted, WSU "shows interest" in a lot of quality players. Whether that interest continues -- and who knows how accurate or current Rivals is -- and whether it develops further are different things altogether. You're right -- the guys making the big bucks at WSU can handle it

Comment

I really think it goes back to the year where HCGM was PG poor and I believe he said at that time that that would never happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
          As you and others have noted, WSU "shows interest" in a lot of quality players.
          I think this gets to MadaboutWu's thread regarding Recruiting. What I'm curious about, and fascinated to learn, is the strategies and execution of a recruiting plan by a Div 1 basketball program, specifically Marshall's. Is "showing interest" meant to deliver a message to players already on the roster, or perhaps another recruit from the same year group? A combination?

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
            I really think it goes back to the year where HCGM was PG poor and I believe he said at that time that that would never happen again.
            That goes with part of my thinking though on why a JUCO PG doesn't make a lot of sense. Obviously, FVV is good to go. Bowles was described by 3G as a little bigger version of FVV. There are two pure PGs for the future. Then we have Baker, Cotton and potentially Holland that can play there and play well. The only way I can make sense of bringing in a JC PG is IF 3G ends up not having confidence in either Bowles or Holland to be good enough next year.

It's never bad to have all your bases covered, but unless we're unpleasantly surprised, I doubt we bring one in from the JC ranks.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              That goes with part of my thinking though on why a JUCO PG doesn't make a lot of sense. Obviously, FVV is good to go. Bowles was described by 3G as a little bigger version of FVV. There are two pure PGs for the future. Then we have Baker, Cotton and potentially Holland that can play there and play well. The only way I can make sense of bringing in a JC PG is IF 3G ends up not having confidence in either Bowles or Holland to be good enough next year.

It's never bad to have all your bases covered, but unless we're unpleasantly surprised, I doubt we bring one in from the JC ranks.
              It is a good safety net to have interest in several potential "replacements" in the event that something tragic happens to FVV and/or Bowles and/or Holland. Remember so many years ago when injury decimated Wessel and Baker for a season and even Hall for a good number of contests? If somebodybroke a legor pulled an achilles, 3G might want to secure a backup/replacement/someone-to-shere-time with Bowles.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Floyd will visit Bradley in the near future.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Anybody else remember a guard from Schlagle in the late 80s/early 90s with the same name? Very talented with a ridiculous vertical.

I didn't check the bio on this kid, but if he's from the KC area that guy would be old enough to be his dad. If so, good athleticism genetics.

Comment

Floyd is from the St. Louis area.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Yes I do. I remember guys from Schlage winning the Slam Dunk Contest at the Valley Center January Jam basketball tournament a couple years in a row.

QUOTE=Good News;413116]Anybody else remember a guard from Schlagle in the late 80s/early 90s with the same name? Very talented with a ridiculous vertical.

I didn't check the bio on this kid, but if he's from the KC area that guy would be old enough to be his dad. If so, good athleticism genetics.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Shox1979 View Post
                        Yes I do. I remember guys from Schlage winning the Slam Dunk Contest at the Valley Center January Jam basketball tournament a couple years in a row.
                        Those teams were impressive. My older brother played for Circle and they played there a year or two in the early 90s. Schlagel was an impressive squad. Our game with them, that I remember, wasn't all that close and we had a pretty good team that year.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I believe Sub is thinking about Floyd Demetrious, who also could jump.

Comment

Visiting North Carolina Central this weekend.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

@JucoRecruiting: Demetrious Floyd (6-0/G/2014) of Chipola College has committed to Stephen F. Austin.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X