X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mengis Hiyabu '16 pg 5-8 offered

Tweet by topreruitof2016can:

"@5StarRecruits 2016 PG Mengis Hiyabu getting offered by Wichita State"

He plays for John Ross HS in Ontario, Canada.
    In the fast lane

I want him for the name alone.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

His twitter says that he is 2017 and 5'7" (of course he may just need to update that).

Comment

If we are already offering at 5'7-8" freshman/sophomore (depending on 2016/2017 classification) to be, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he must have serious game.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Vebralcommits has us with interest, no offer. They also show UConn having interest.

Last edited by tropicalshox; July 13, 2013, 10:57 PM.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
            Vebralcommits has us with interest, no offer. They also show UConn having interest.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/mengis-hiyabu
            I was wondering whether there really was an offer. It wouldn't be the first time that someone says offer when what they really meant is contact.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
              I was wondering whether there really was an offer. It wouldn't be the first time that someone says offer when what they really meant is contact.
              And in this case, it's a 15 year olds perception of whether or not he has an offer, not a 17 year old.
              Livin the dream

Comment

If we are already offering at 5'7-8" freshman/sophomore (depending on 2016/2017 classification) to be, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he must have serious game.
                I am on the same limb. 5-8! Wow!

Canadian Spud Webb.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

erm, if the coaches cant comment on recruits, wouldnt that mean the recruiting sites get their information from the recruits? so how exactly do we know he was just contacted and didnt receive an offer?

Comment

Just because some site doesn't show an offer doesn't mean there isn't one. And just because someone claims an offer doesn't mean there is one. MOST kids don't claim offers unless they've gotten one. Some may misinterpret something from time to time. If the kid has game I wouldn't be surprised if there is an offer out there. This staff likes to strike early with kids before the "big boys" get their hands in the mix.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                    X