Ben Lammers '14 C to Georgia Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Lammers '14 C to Georgia Tech

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com

Coach Marshall was watching at the Adidas Invitational. The athletic big man can be dominant on defense. TexasHoops ranks the San Antonio product #10 in the State for 2014. Others interest ed include VCU, Georgia Tech, Stanford, Northwestern, South Alabama and K-State.
    In the fast lane

Alamo Heights sophomore Ben Lammers discussion on the TexAgs Texas A&M Men's Basketball forum.

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com

Last edited by ripemupshocks; July 14, 2013, 01:03 PM.
    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

In reading again the article I posted, I see K-State and Oklahoma State have offered.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Back of their practice jerseys read "MT-XE"...

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
          Back of their practice jerseys read "MT-XE"...
          Good catch, I missed that.

Comment

Texas A&M is recruiting Lammers. His father was a starting defensive lineman for them but it probably will not be a big factor in his decision.
            In the fast lane

Comment

If his dad played football there, hopefully he will level with his son that nobody cares about basketball in College Station, which it took MT several years to figure out.
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                If his dad played football there, hopefully he will level with his son that nobody cares about basketball in College Station, which it took MT several years to figure out.
                Whether MT would admit it, he knew that when he took the job. It just didn't matter at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  Whether MT would admit it, he knew that when he took the job. It just didn't matter at the time.
                  Because he thought he could change it.

Comment

Not necessarily. If I remember correctly (and I have been known not to) we didn't have much left here for MT to work with as I think he had missed on several recruiting classes. He probably felt it was better to get out while he had the chance. Seems I remember something about when he was asked if he had received offers and would be moving on, he said "Who would want me after the year I just had?" If he didn't have a friend at A&M, MT probably would not have received the offer.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      Because he thought he could change it.
                      Really!?!? I give more credit to MT than to think he believed he could change a strong Texas football school into anything other than what it is. Again, what he may have said and what he knew......

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        Really!?!? I give more credit to MT than to think he believed he could change a strong Texas football school into anything other than what it is. Again, what he may have said and what he knew......
                        Well if you consider the evidence that Mt was quoted as being frustrated at the lack of people that cared about basketball. While I agree that MT had eyes wide open that football was king, he must have had the illusion that he could make things better in basketball.

Comment

MT had a decent run at ATM and it helped him achieve his goal, which was use it as another stepping stone to get into the "best basketball conference".

Comment

The student body and alums never embraced Coach Turgeon because he did not embrace the customs and traditions of Texas A&M.

Unlike most universities, A&M is deeply steeped in many customs and traditions, which were established many decades ago. They are still taught and practiced today. As an example, if a student does not know the name on the statue in front of the Academic Building, then many would not consider the student as a true Aggie. I could cite countless other examples. Being a true Aggie means more that paying tuition and going to class.

Coach Turgeon's aloof manner just did not play well at College Station. His criticism (whining) of the lack of support by the student body was not helpful.

I do agree that Coach Turgeon improved the state of Aggie basketball.
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                              The student body and alums never embraced Coach Turgeon because he did not embrace the customs and traditions of Texas A&M.

Unlike most universities, A&M is deeply steeped in many customs and traditions, which were established many decades ago. They are still taught and practiced today. As an example, if a student does not know the name on the statue in front of the Academic Building, then many would not consider the student as a true Aggie. I could cite countless other examples. Being a true Aggie means more that paying tuition and going to class.

Coach Turgeon's aloof manner just did not play well at College Station. His criticism (whining) of the lack of support by the student body was not helpful.

I do agree that Coach Turgeon improved the state of Aggie basketball.
                              At best, MT held the status quo, however, he did not leave it as well as he found it after Billy G left.

Comment

Working...
                              X