Makinde London '14 pf 6-8 to Xavier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makinde London '14 pf 6-8 to Xavier

Rivals shows interest from WSU and VCU and an offer from Tennessee Tech for the 6-8 PF from Spring Hill, Tennessee. 10.8ppg and 7.9rpg as a junior.
    In the fast lane

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    In the fast lane

Comment

I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Comment

agree, I like this one. Gotta love a guy that played as a 6'1" guard as a freshman and now is 6'9" and still has the handles and shooting.

Comment

Whoa! Man. I really like this cat.

What are his stat percentages?

Whoa! I wonder, if he is still growing.

Could he play the 2? I know. I am dreaming.

I wonder about his first step quickness and vertical.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I agree RdR. Sounds very interesting and could probably be able to step into some quality pt.

Comment

From Reggie Rankin, ESPN

"Class of 2014 Makinde London (Thompson Station, Tenn./Summitt) was an under-the-radar prospect before a pair of very strong performances at this spring’s Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions and the Wallace Prather Memorial opened some eyes.

Those efforts have helped him play his way onto a number of recruiting lists, and you can bet London will be a hot name with some high-level D-I squads and mid-major coaches during the upcoming July evaluation period.
              Reggie Rankin/ESPNMakinde London is an intriguing combo forward with interest from VCU and Tennessee.

London is currently receiving strong interest from VCU, Tennessee, Tennessee State, Wichita State, Marshall, Mississippi State, Murray State, Mississippi, Tennessee Tech, Jacksonville and East Carolina. And a couple of big names have checked in recently.

"Texas and Kansas State called me today,” added London, who played with the Nashville Celtics on the AAU scene. “The coaches are saying they are excited to see me play during July.

"I want to play for a coach who will help me develop as a player and person; someone who will really support me. I want to be in a good community and where they have a good finance and or engineering program."

London is a 6-foot-9, 195-pound combo forward with great length and plenty of tools to make plays. He is very athletic and a quick leaper who finishes at the rim thanks to his willingness to run the floor and ability to catch lobs in traffic. London makes spot-up and trail 3s and has a pretty good handle. His length and athletic ability allows him to be a good on-ball defender and weak side shot-blocker. London excels at rebounding in his area and gets to others utilizing his length as opposed to his strength. When using the proper techniques, London is capable of defending either forward position.

London is an intriguing prospect and has incredible upside but must work on adding strength, being a more consistent finisher and learning to play with a good base.

At times this spring, London’s play has left scouts and coaches saying, “Who’s that kid?” That won’t be the case if he can continue his high level of play in July and look for several offers to come in as a result."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Engineering? We have that covered Mr London

Comment

finance...got that covered too at the Barton School of Business...accounting is the strong suit, but overall great teachers and great environment

Comment

Rivals considering moving him into the top 150. "One can't help wondering if Wichita State's Cleanthony Early was awfully similar to him at the same stage."
                    In the fast lane

Comment

ESPN has London rated as a 4* or grade of 80.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                        "One can't help wondering if Wichita State's Cleanthony Early was awfully similar to him at the same stage."
                        Only one way to find out.
                        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

London names VCU, Texas, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Wichita State and Marshall as the schools that are pursuing him the hardest.

Read the rest of the article here: http://jucojunction.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1509207

Comment

I'm with RDR here. This young man could be a program changer.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
                              London names VCU, Texas, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Wichita State and MARSHALL as the schools that are pursuing him the hardest.

Read the rest of the article here: http://jucojunction.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1509207
                              I like that we are two of the five schools pursuing him the hardest!
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                              X