Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SFL
    Originally posted by t7017s
    Damn Baylor just got yet another killer guard. I wish we could have landed this kid.
    He signed a football LOI... our chances to get him here were probably close to slim and none.
    They were alot better than you think.

Comment

I think our chances of landing him were better than his chances of getting offered by us.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I was always hoping to see Kendall in a WSU uniform ever since I started following Durley's HS stats and kept seeing Kendall Wright with outstanding perimeter games.

When Marshall arrived and I started seeing the types of players he was recruiting, I concluded that Marshall likes SG's in the 6'2" - 6'4" range. That's when I realized that Kendall was unlikely to be offered by WSU.

A 5'11" SG is going to be defending taller players in D1 basketball - and they may find themselves having to switch off on some 6'6" - 6'9" players that rotate out for shots from 3.

I have no doubt that Kendall would have been successful in D1 basketball.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

This is one I always wanted. We missed out on an outstanding athlete and a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
            I was always hoping to see Kendall in a WSU uniform ever since I started following Durley's HS stats and kept seeing Kendall Wright with outstanding perimeter games.

When Marshall arrived and I started seeing the types of players he was recruiting, I concluded that Marshall likes SG's in the 6'2" - 6'4" range. That's when I realized that Kendall was unlikely to be offered by WSU.

A 5'11" SG is going to be defending taller players in D1 basketball - and they may find themselves having to switch off on some 6'6" - 6'9" players that rotate out for shots from 3.

I have no doubt that Kendall would have been successful in D1 basketball.
            Hes gonna run up against the same issue on the football field. I know he signed a football loi but I guarantee he will make the basketball team and contribute more than most think. I always thought he was the kind of kid we could use as a scoring pg in our system. Winthrops current pg is small, fast, and athletic as hell. Much like matt is. But i dont think any of us would trade matt for a taller guard thats not as savvy. Anyways ill be keeping my eye on this kid on both the field and court for years to come.

Comment

Don't those playing both typically have to wait til after football to start basketball? Or am I mistaken?

Comment

I believe you are correct, Downtown. Especially if they are on football scholarship.

Comment

Two-way

Yes, I also believe that's correct, and football will always be his top priority as long as that's the program paying the bills. Baylor has a new football coach, a guy who has had success turning around Houston -- no doubt an easier task than doing the same head-to-head with Texas, A&M, Texas Tech, OU, and Oklahoma State -- and he'll no doubt want his players to be as focused on football as he himself will be.

The kid made the right decision. He does indeed appear to be a great athlete and talent, and I certainly wish him and Mac Daddy well. But at his size, if Kendall is going to play a major sport for money some day -- and it sounds as if he may have the athletic ability to do so -- unless he grows another 4-5 inches he'll be doing it on the gridiron, not the court, because the NBA really doesn' offer a market for 5-11 shooting guards. So he may as well get started on refining the skills (i.e., in football) that could make such an opportunity possible, and on spending as much time doing so as it takes. And that means basketball will have to play second fiddle, and even that only as long as it isn't getting in the way of a possible football career.

Comment

Anybody watching Kendall playing right now against UConn? Doing real good.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                      Anybody watching Kendall playing right now against UConn? Doing real good.
                      2 touchdowns and 132 yards against Iowa State as a true freshman... very nice.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

Man this kid is an athlete and a half.

Griffin reminds me a little of Vince Young.

BU is getting better and I am really happy for KW to be playing and getting a 1st rate education.

BTW,

LONG TD CATCH ABOUT 5 SECONDS AGO.

Comment

Baylor is gonna be really good in a few years
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                          X