Recruiting Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting Questions

I thought it would be kind of informative to have a thread to talk about questions concerning the recruiting process rather than individual recruits.

I have a couple of numbers questions for Trop or anyone else who would have an idea.

What is the percentage of prospects who accept offers to those who decline? In other words how many offers on average (say over the past 5 years) to net a signee?

Second, I would also be interested in how many kids we have serious visits with versus the numbers of offers we make. Those figures seem like they would be harder to come by and also less clear cut (seeing kids at camps, tournaments, etc). But any insight folks have would be appreciated.
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
    What is the percentage of prospects who accept offers to those who decline? In other words how many offers on average (say over the past 5 years) to net a signee?
    I'm guessing that while you might be able to come up with a ballpark number of how many offers we average per recruit signed. I say ballpark because we may not know of all offers made.

Also, that doesn't mean all offers that do not result in LOI's are due to recruits declining. Once a position or need is filled the Coaching staff may well contact any other recruits being worked for that same position or need and inform them that they have filled that spot and withdraw the offer on the table. I would think this almost certainly has to happen but I have never seen withdrawal of offers reported anywhere.

Maybe that's not how it works but that would seem to be the appropriate thing to do if you decide to terminate the recruitment of a player.

The information on offers seems most valuable in guaging the level of interest for a kid and perhaps influences the recruiting services ratings.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 7, 2013, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I think that is a well thought out response. And I guess your guess would be as good as or better than anyone else's guess.

Comment

At this point we will have 4 slots to fill in 2014, although since we seem to have one more player than we have available scholarships at this point maybe that will change. As of today we will be replacing Kadeem Coleby, C.J. Lufile, Cleanthony Early and Nick Wiggins. The class of transfers.

Based on the work of @tropicalshox we appear to have around 20 offers made for the class of 2014 (including Zachary Brown who has verballed) as follows:

Ethan Telfair 5-10 PG
        Omega Harris 6-2 PG
        Josh Perkins 6-3 PG
        Jaylen Barford 6-2 CG
        Keyshawn Woods 6-2 SG
        Tyrone Taylor 6-2 SG
        Justin Bibbs 6-5 SG
        Grayson Allen 6-4 SG - Committed to Duke
        Nick Babb 6-4 SG
        Jeremiah Johnson 6-2 SG (? - based on tweet from dfwhoops)
        Zach Brown 6-6 W - Commited to Wichita State
        Marvin Clark 6-7 W
        Gary Clark 6-7 F
        Dante Buford 6-6 F
        Javis Howard 6-8 PF (Offer Pending?)
        Omar Sherman 6-7 PF
        Terrell Miller 6-8 PF
        Makinde London 6-8 PF
        Kenny Grant 6-9 PF
        Isaac Haas 7-2 C

Disclaimer: I may well have missed some players and/or info. But this is what I came up with.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 16, 2013, 12:31 PM. Reason: Changed Marvin Clark's Height

Comment

According to this article, Marvin Clark is listed as 6'7" and 220 lbs. Is he still a wing or a combo forward?

Comment

You never know for sure what to believe about these listed heights.

Maxpreps also lists Marving at 6-7, 215 and that's linked to the Sunrise Roster. So I have updated the list accordingly.

BTW, Earl Watson is listed at 6-6 on Chipola's roster.

Comment

Omar Sherman added to list.

Comment

I'm wondering too if Henry U. is still on our radar.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Added Terrell Miller to 2014 class offers list.

Comment

Jaylen Barford added to list.

Comment

@1972Shocker: London also received a Shocker offer. I haven't been able to change his thread title. Thanks for doing this.
                      Last edited by tropicalshox; May 27, 2013, 01:54 AM.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                        @1972Shocker London also received a Shocker offer. I haven't been able to change his thread title. Thanks for doing this.
                        Thanks @tropicalshox. Added to list.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 28, 2013, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Thanks @tropicalhshox. Added to list.
                          When you mention that your list was updated, could you include a link to the post for those that don't want to go looking for it? For instance, I hotlinked "list" in your post to point back to your list.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            When you mention that your list was updated, could you include a link to the post for those that don't want to go looking for it? For instance, I hotlinked "list" in your post to point back to your list.

Thanks.
                            I know how to link to a thread or a web page but I do not know how to link to a specific post.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              I know how to link to a thread or a web page but I do not know how to link to a specific post.
                              On the right side where it has the post # (in your case, post #4), just click on it. Then you can copy and paste that address for your link.

Comment

Working...
                              X