Nike EYBL Los Angeles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nike EYBL Los Angeles

Last Saturday, I went to the Nike EYBL Los Angeles Basketball Tournament.
    I watched 7 games and a lot of WSU recruits. I saw 2 assistant coaches from WSU, but no head coach.

Here are a few of my observations:

I watched the Houston Hoops team and almost all their players were awesome.
    They started two 6-7 guards. A lot of the team was big and athletic.

The first game I watched was MoKan Elite against Alabama Challenge.
    I really liked Marvin Clark from Sunrise: 6-6 PF, he had 15 points, played good defense against 6-9 William Lee.
    6-6 Nathan Bain also impressed me with his athleticism. He had 8 points.
    For Alabama Challenge, William Lee 6-9 had 8 points and 5 blocked shots.

The second game I watched was the Georgia Stars and Travelers Kentucky. Since we aren't recruiting anyone right now
    I won't bore you with any players that I liked from them.

Team Texas Elite had a couple of good bigs that I would like to see WSU take a look at.
    TJ Maston is a 6-9 PF type that had 15 points in the game I saw. Elijah Thomas is a 6-9 Junior that had 12 points in that same game,
    They both looked good.

The team that I was looking forward to the most was Athletes First out of Oklahoma.
    I was really impressed by 6-10 Larry Dennis he played well and held his own inside against a good Maryland DC Team.
    I had Dennis down for 9 points. Alonzo Trier led the team in scoring with 14 points, but he always shot the ball.
    I never remember him passing the ball to another teammate. They also had a 7-0 junior, Mamadou Amare that look raw right now, but might develop.
    Most of the other players didn't score much. If you have questions about Omega Harriss, Trevon Evans, or Shake Milton I'll try to answer them.

There was a lot of good talent there. I liked Clark, Dennis, and Lee a lot.
    The Shockers are recruiting some good players.

That is all I can think of. If you have some questions, I'll try to answer them.

@calfan: any chance you saw Zachary Brown there on one of the Texas teams? I don't know if he was even there or not.

Comment

Trevon Evans - Goddard Ike - Playing w/Larry Dennis's Athletes First - Okla ... any impressions on him & how he fared against some great competition?
      Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Doc, if he is the 6-7 kid from South Kent Prep he played for Texas Pro 17 and I missed him.
        The teams played two games and I was watching Mo Kan Elite his first game and Houston Elite his second game.

Small tyme baller, Trevon Evans didn't get much playing time when I saw them play. I really wanted to see him and Harriss and I didn't get to see as much as I would have liked. I can say that the Maryland Team did try to body him up and rattle him off the dribble and he handled it well. He shot once and missed but I can't recall if it was because the shot clock was getting close or not. He looked pretty good, but would have liked to have seen more of him.

Just a reminder, these teams will be in Dallas May 10-12. The cost was $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for the tournament.
        It was open to the public.

I also have a team roster list if you are wondering about other players.

Comment

I really like reading this kind of information, thanks for sharing. You mentioned MOKAN, just a hair off track from this thread but I talked with my nephew yesterday that is playing in a tournament in KC that MOKAN is also in. Is that considered a big time event and does anyone know if we have any coaches there?

Comment

Originally posted by 110% View Post
            I really like reading this kind of information, thanks for sharing. You mentioned MOKAN, just a hair off track from this thread but I talked with my nephew yesterday that is playing in a tournament in KC that MOKAN is also in. Is that considered a big time event and does anyone know if we have any coaches there?
            I believe at least one coach would be there just based on how much influence the AAU circuit has on recruiting.

Comment

@WuDrWu: your pm box is overloaded.
              In the fast lane

Comment

I saw a while back a few more schools had interest in Larry Dennis but srill no mention of WSU. I knew he was growing but didn't realize he is now 6-10.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                  @WuDrWu: your pm box is overloaded.
                  HA! @tropicalshox:, right back at you! And @Kung Wu:, yours is full as well!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    HA! @tropicalshox:, right back at you! And @Kung Wu:, yours is full as well!
                    Oops fixed.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

It looks like WSU recruits Zachary Brown and Gary Clark as well as others will be in Dallas May 10-12 for the Nike EYBL Tournament. The cost was $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for the tournament in Los Angeles.
                      It was open to the public.

Comment

Looks like I'm not the only one who likes Marvin Clark.

Clark is a rising prospect:

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
                          Looks like I'm not the only one who likes Marvin Clark.

Clark is a rising prospect:
                          http://jucojunction.rivals.com/barri...tid=&mid=&rid=
                          But after reading the article and hearing who was just on campus, I think the Shockers .might have another as their top target for his position.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

I've seen Mamadou listed as Amare and Kamara. He came over from Africa last Fall. Needs weight on him. A 2015.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

@calfan: how did Omega look? I see he is not scoring much.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X