Class of 2014 Focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class of 2014 Focus

I assume we are pretty much finished with recruiting for the Class of 2013.

Our senior class next year will consist of Cleanthony, Nick, Kadeem and C.J.

Accordingly, I would think the focus will be on a couple of big men and a couple of athletic 6-6 to 6-7 wings for the Class of 2014.

We seem to be pretty well stocked with quality guards for the next couple of years.

That's logical, but I would almost guarantee that Marshall will grab another guard.

Comment

6-10+ jumping jack, who can make rebound and make free throws.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
        6-10+ jumping jack, who can make rebound and make free throws.
        In addition to "and make free throws," I'd add "with ability to catch the ball and hold it."
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          In addition to "and make free throws," I'd add "with ability to catch the ball and hold it."
          Two thumbs up, way up.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Two HS bigs. Could accept one JUCO if necessary.
            An athletic HS wing.
            A HS PG.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              Two thumbs up, way up.
              Yes, it is always easier to catch the ball with your thumbs up! :encouragement:

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                Now that would be someone worthy of a 100 plus thread

Comment

I’ll say this again, WE DON’T GET TO THE FINAL FOUR WITHOUT THIS MAN:

Ehimen (Auh-hee-may) Orukpe (O-Roo-Pay)
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    Two HS bigs. Could accept one JUCO if necessary.
                    An athletic HS wing.
                    A HS PG.
                    My guess is at least one of the bigs WILL be a JUCO. We would be returning 1 Sr and 1 So big in 2014/2015. I'd think that HCGM will go after another JUCO big to give the team additional maturity in the post and one HS to develop.

Personally, I'm a guy that likes getting the HS guys and develop them for 4 years.

However, HCGM seems to like his JUCO/transfer bigs. After seeing the results he's had, I can't argue w/ him.

Comment

Originally posted by jrschh View Post
                      My guess is at least one of the bigs WILL be a JUCO. We would be returning 1 Sr and 1 So big in 2014/2015. I'd think that HCGM will go after another JUCO big to give the team additional maturity in the post and one HS to develop.

Personally, I'm a guy that likes getting the HS guys and develop them for 4 years.

However, HCGM seems to like his JUCO/transfer bigs. After seeing the results he's had, I can't argue w/ him.
                      That depends if Watson gets here or not. We could have 2 SR bigs and a SO. In which case, I'd be fine with 2 FR.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Crap, I forgot about Watson. Good call. If he gets here, that could change the dynamic

Comment

I prefer HS players too, but I'm just a Bozo on this bus and HCGM has done great with Jucos.

Comment

Originally posted by GarH View Post
                            I prefer HS players too, but I'm just a Bozo on this bus and HCGM has done great with Jucos.
                            Since most of our Juco players flourish their Senior Season, we have some good times ahead of us with our Senior Juco players, Early, Wiggons, Chadrack, and last but far from least, Mr. Coleby working the alleys' with FreshVV. Can u dig it?
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I would think that Henry Uwadea will have his name on one of those Schollie's.
                              "It's the same at every address"

Comment

Working...
                              X