Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowers would be the best of the incoming class

Comment

If we added Flowers and Beckham, this would seriously be the best recruiting class since the class the X man came.
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Here's a blog article on Flowers that is almost a month old:

He kind of has that 'Ramon' look:

Comment

Here's what I have gathered regarding Flowers and his saga.

- Sept. '06, as a FR at OSU, was arrested and suspended.
          - Oct. '06 was dismissed from the team.
          - I'm presuming he enrolled in juco the following semester.

What I still can't figure out is that if he was a qualifier out of HS, why would he need to wait until his 3rd juco semester to sign an LOI and take summer classes to gain D1 eligibility?

Comment

Originally posted by J&J-Ryan
            At this point I'd take my chances on Kreft...
            Do you know that whole story?

That guy has been through a lot, but it seems he's walking with Jesus now and has cleaned up his life.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
              Here's a blog article on Flowers that is almost a month old:

He kind of has that 'Ramon' look:

http://njmg.typepad.com/zagsblog/200...t-on-gary.html
              He looks like a 6'8 Fridge Holman.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Seton Hall has made the trip to Florida, I'm sure we will too.
                -John Wooden

Comment

Paul Sully from the Eagle had this to say about Flowers...

I keep forgetting to mention this: I talked with Chipola Junior College coach Greg Heiar a week or so ago for a story mentioning Clevin Hannah. I asked about Gary Flowers, a 6-8 freshman whom WSU is interested in. Flowers, because he could play three seasons in Division I, will be a prized commodity. Heiar said he is a “stat stuffer” who play several positions and guard several positions. As for his interest in WSU, Heiar said Flowers is aware of the Shockers. Clevin and Gary are close, according to Heiar. WSU assistant Chris Jans and Heiar, who are good friends, talk about him often. Seton Hall and South Florida have been on him the longest and apparently would have to be considered among the schools in the lead. Unless something dramatic has changed in the past few days, it seems like WSU is in the game but coming from behind.

Anybody else love reading "Shockwaves"

Comment

I kinda figured he would be a hard sell. Let's hope the coachs' relationship and the friendship between Hannah and Flowers would help things out. He would be a nice player to have, but I still wonder where all the scholarships are gonna come from.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                      I kinda figured he would be a hard sell. Let's hope the coachs' relationship and the friendship between Hannah and Flowers would help things out. He would be a nice player to have, but I still wonder where all the scholarships are gonna come from.
                      The great thing is, we don't have to find them. Coach is recruiting for scholarships he will have available. Anyone who plays for him probably know where they stand due to his strict policy on practice well, play well, you keep minutes.

Comment

Didn't we have pretty decent 6'8' stat stuffer from Dallas, TX a number of year's back. What was that guy's name, uhhh, Dave something or other.

:D

Comment

####### 42 #######
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                            Just pay attention to the game minutes and sub patterns.

Comment

Was just curious if we are still on this young man's radar? Did he give Seton Hall a verbal? He would have 3 years eligibility which is a big plus. He seems like quite an inside player. FSF could stand us signing this player and Beckham. However, HCGM can really recruit, so not telling what wonderful things he already has up his sleeves.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Flowers was Newcomer of the Year in his conference, so that says something about his play. He sounds pretty good to me, like the power forward we need.

Didn't anyone tell him that we beat Seton Hall 2 years ago in the Dance???

I think we could do a lot worse than Flowers. And him being good friends with Hannah is a plus, plus their playing together.

Comment

Working...
                                X