Stephen Edwards pg to Santa Clara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Edwards pg to Santa Clara

A correspondent informed me of Shocker interest in the 6-1 pg at Dell City, Oklahoma. He played last year at Putnam City West. OKHoop calls him a heady floor general and dynamic slasher.
    In the fast lane

Highlights of one of the top guards Oklahoma's Class of 2014, Stephen Edwards

Comment

Dunno if he can shoot, but otherwise, he looks like a high-major kid.........

Comment

HCGM must be channeling his inner Lute Olson to recreate Point Guard U at WSU.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

OKHoops ranks him at #5 in the State for 2014, up from #17.

"Edwards has exploded onto the scene this spring and summer as a vocal floor general. He has ideal size, vision and quickness for a point guard."
          In the fast lane

Comment

Verbalcommits now lists the Shocker interest along with schools such as ORU, Tulsa and Fresno State. They show him with seven offers that include Santa Clara, North Dakota and Northern Colorado.

In the fast lane

Comment

Yet another guard.

Comment

I can't get enough of these guard heavy Marshall squads!

Comment

@OklahomaWizards: 2014 PG Stephen Edwards (Del City) has narrowed his list to Santa Clara, Abilene Christian, Northern Colorado, and North Dakota #okpreps
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Verbal to Santa Clara.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Even if this particular guy turns out not to be a Shocker, it's possible that the situation with DJ Bowles and his health may push WSU more toward including a PG type in the 2014 class.

Comment

We recruit Combo Guards every year, this year is no different.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

I don't know if I'd say that. Had this not happened with DJ, I'm not sure we even seriously look at guards for '14. Yes, we always have options just in case something happens, but we're loaded there and weaker inside. However, with questions surrounding DJ and his future, I could see more emphasis put on finding a PG in the class of '14 instead of waiting until '15 like many have speculated.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Exactly, Sub.

The four seniors for WSU this coming season are Coleby (C), Lufile (C), Early (CF), and Wiggins (SF). Meanwhile, the only guard who's even a junior is Cotton, and they have two PGs (FVV and Bowles), plus Baker, who can also play the #1 spot. They don't need a PG yet. But if Bowles can't play, or maybe can't, there's only one pure PG, and the situation changes.

Comment

Marshall seems to recruit guards. We have had a lot of 14 offers to guards before this situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X