No announcement yet.

Keandre Kindell - 6'0" CG (JUCO) Class of '25 - Verbal to Wichita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagle - Kansas juco basketball national champion hosted by Wichita State on recruiting visit

A junior college national champion playing in Kansas has emerged as a serious recruiting target for the Wichita State men’s basketball team.

Dre Kindell, a 6-foot point guard at Barton Community College, completed an official visit to WSU on Tuesday. WSU assistant coach T.J. Cleveland is spearheading the recruitment of the class of 2025 prospect, who was in attendance at Koch Arena on Tuesday for the team’s open practice.

Kindell was a key reserve for a Barton team that finished 36-1 and won the program’s first NJCAA national championship in Hutchinson this past March. He averaged 9.7 points and 2.6 assists in 20.1 minutes per game as a freshman for the Cougars.

With the starting backcourt from last year’s championship team graduated, it’s likely Kindell will be featured heavily at Barton this upcoming season in the Jayhawk Conference. The Cincinnati native has already earned around a dozen offers, while WSU remains the most high-profile program after him.

The WSU coaching staff was left impressed by Kindell following Tuesday’s visit, according to sources, as his speed on the ball and raw athleticism was better than advertised. Kindell, listed at 6 foot and 155 pounds, has a diminutive stature, but has explosive athleticism and was making highlight-reel dunks look effortless. He also was lightning quick with the ball in his hands, which allows him to consistently attack for himself and to create for others.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The highlight video in that article lists him as the #1 JUCO player in 2025. Obviously, that's just one opinion, but it does point to a lot being expected of him this year. And if he stays top 5, and Mills can get him, that may be a nice recruiting coup.

He didn't play like a backup PG in that video. You'd have thought he was the starter. I know, highlight videos and all.

EDIT: Ok, take that "#1 JUCO Player" with a few grains of salt. That's Kindell's own YouTube channel.
      Last edited by RoyalShock; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

With everything else said, I do think from a roster composition standpoint a couple JUCOs would be good. We are going to have a boatload of scholarships available and mixing in some freshman and JUCO will be good to not rely 100% on the portal which may as well just be an auction at this point.

Comment

I don't understand why we don't recruit more jucos in our backyard. Always seems like we're getting beat by one.

Comment

Comment

There is just something about a winning pedigree…I like this signing.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                There is just something about a winning pedigree…I like this signing.
                Me too, I think the coaches see a lot of potential and expect him to blossom this season in an increased role.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  The highlight video in that article lists him as the #1 JUCO player in 2025. Obviously, that's just one opinion, but it does point to a lot being expected of him this year. And if he stays top 5, and Mills can get him, that may be a nice recruiting coup.

He didn't play like a backup PG in that video. You'd have thought he was the starter. I know, highlight videos and all.

EDIT: Ok, take that "#1 JUCO Player" with a few grains of salt. That's Kindell's own YouTube channel.
                  Lots to like from the highlights.. great speed and very crafty finishing around the rim.

Comment

Yes please
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                      That graphic isn't exactly a great representation of this young man IMHO, but he looks terrific on his highlight video. I can see him and Zion being a couple of pests whose quickness will give teams fits.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        DATE ...........TEAM .............OPPONENT/EVENT ..........LOCATION TIME

Sat., Oct. 5 .....Men’s BB...........All American Jamboree ........Wichita, KS TBA

Oct 5 is coming up, Barton has several prospects, actually
                        I suppose this game is at the Roundhouse??

Comment

I think those are at the Wichita Sports Forum.

Comment

The best part to like is an excellent Juco player will now be a Shocker. Great work!
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Freezes defenders

Comment

These two commits are a great start to recruiting. This program is picking up steam!

Comment

Working...
                                X