Szymon Zapala 7'0 C Longwood Transfer to Michigan St

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
    Think we've lost him to some bigger fish. Got Corey though so meh.
    The big guys can always swoop in last minute with a bag of cash. Hard to compete against stuff like that. I don't KNOW that is what happened here...but pretty easy to speculate.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Reformatted for ease of viewing:

I was wondering how much this guy could contribute at WSU and now he's going to Michigan State? I'm sure the money is good but I would imagine he'll spend a lot of time on the bench.
      Is this a respected source that gets it right a lot?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

He's the color guy for Rhode Island. So I'm sure he knows what Rhode Island knows.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Taylor was asked about this "rumor" and he responded that he heard that as well so it's probably more than a rumor.

I would expect it now that Taylor said that on Twitter in response.

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            We don't need him. Height means nothing.
            Yep, let's go get another guard. Eight might not be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

Yep, let's go get another guard. Eight might not be enough.
              If it's a guard that can backup the 5....then go for it.

Comment

We definitely don't need another Jacob Germany. Not that this guy would be that. But I definitely don't want height just to have height. If we can find an athletic 6'8" kid who can bang I would take it.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                  We definitely don't need another Jacob Germany. Not that this guy would be that. But I definitely don't want height just to have height. If we can find an athletic 6'8" kid who can bang I would take it.
                  Mo Udeze was 6'8 and proved to be quite effective. I hope Mo is doing well these days.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

If it's a guard that can backup the 5....then go for it.
                    Magic Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post

Magic Johnson
                      And Giannis.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Mo Udeze was 6'8 and proved to be quite effective. I hope Mo is doing well these days.
                        MO was good against other small centers. He struggled mightily against tall athletic guys like Cisse

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

MO was good against other small centers. He struggled mightily against tall athletic guys like Cisse
                          It's a good thing we have one of those in QB :)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

I'd gladly take another Mo. He'd be an upgrade to our current roster.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

I'd gladly take another Mo. He'd be an upgrade to our current roster.
                              I'd pass on that.

Couldn't pass or play on ball D worth a ****. We can do better than that.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Hard to find Centers out there but I was definitely more invested in adding Corey based on his production last year (plus he has two years of eligibility).
                                Yup, I wanted Zapala just because we HAVE to have a 5 and we haven't been connected to anyone else. His stats were not good though. He couldn't get on the floor at Utah State his first 3 years. I doubt he got that drastically improved at Longwood.

Corey was the better get, but Zapala was at the more important position (as of right now). So hopefully we have something brewing

Comment

Working...
                                X