Jazz Gardner 7'0 C Nevada Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazz Gardner 7'0 C Nevada Transfer

Intriguing. No real production last year, but would be 3 possible years ... and he's a 7 footer

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Intriguing. No real production last year, but would be 3 possible years ... and he's a 7 footer
      You can't teach height. But you can teach footwork and moves. Project for Acy?
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I like it. I mean, let’s be real. We need a project. Ballard is going to control the vast majority of minutes. Only need someone to give him a tiny breather

Comment

Hard disagree. In 2024 'projects' are just an 8-month investment to get a player ready for another team. Worrying about how many years a player has left is completely useless. You need to expect that you're getting each player for 1 year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Hard disagree. In 2024 'projects' are just an 8-month investment to get a player ready for another team. Worrying about how many years a player has left is completely useless. You need to expect that you're getting each player for 1 year.
            Thinking every kid is going to bounce after one year is ludicrous. If you can bring a kid like this in and he can give 15 minutes a game of not shitty basketball and you believe Acy can work with him, you absolutely take on that project. Kid might make progress under Acy he hasn't seen anywhere else and feel that's the best place for him.

I get why so many are jaded, but the portal isn't full of 4,000 guys every year. And I do think when more and more players aren't finding the homes they think they should get, things will calm down a bit and more kids will take a more prudent approach. That's still probably a few years away, but reading some of the comments on here when it comes to portal stuff makes me wonder why some are still even following college basketball. Is it perfect? No. Can it be improved? Yes. It takes time.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Agree with all you said except we need projects to back up our studs. Two studs are no bueno. Two studs are unaffordable and create a poisonous and half-ass effort environment. We need a younger project to give us 10 to 15 minutes a game without a massive fall off in the score. If the project pans out then re-recruiting him knowing the stud in front of him was a senior isn't too bad of a position to be in.

Granted if Ballard breaks an ankle midseason, well, we're screwed.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Thinking every kid is going to bounce after one year is ludicrous. If you can bring a kid like this in and he can give 15 minutes a game of not shitty basketball and you believe Acy can work with him, you absolutely take on that project. Kid might make progress under Acy he hasn't seen anywhere else and feel that's the best place for him.

I get why so many are jaded, but the portal isn't full of 4,000 guys every year. And I do think when more and more players aren't finding the homes they think they should get, things will calm down a bit and more kids will take a more prudent approach. That's still probably a few years away, but reading some of the comments on here when it comes to portal stuff makes me wonder why some are still even following college basketball. Is it perfect? No. Can it be improved? Yes. It takes time.
                If these "projects" leave, they are probably either playing well enough we should be able to reap the benefits for the season we have them or they aren't good enough to play at the AAC level. Agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment about how players will learn how to manage their portaling decisions better once we get more precedent and of course NIL is a big factor in that as well. I understand and feel similarly to those who miss guys who stay for 4 years, but I do feel like players catch too much of the ire for CBB's current state. For years most would have agreed that players deserve some level of compensation, and if the NCAA was a bit more proactive in addressing that in a more stable manner maybe we wouldn't have had the floodgates open off of a couple court rulings.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I think it's even more ridiculous to assume that if someone has a breakout year at non-P5 that they AREN'T going to bounce.

I think a lot of us kinda aren't still following college basketball. TV ratings and attendance numbers don't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Granted if Ballard breaks an ankle midseason, well, we're screwed.
                    Yep, we'd be fooked...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

QB could be in the portal drawing a lot of interest, but he sees the benefit he received from Acy and decided to stay. I would love to see what a former 4 star 7 footer can learn from him. Bring him in please.

Comment

I’m intrigued. Former top 150 recruit and 7 footer. He gets to work with Acy and can give us 12-15 minutes a night behind QB then become the starter his Jr year

Comment

Good thing you weren’t calling the shots when we brought QB on board.

Comment

Originally posted by Regul8te View Post

Good thing you weren’t calling the shots when we brought QB on board.
                            Meh. I'm not saying don't take guys. You have to have a team to put on the court. I just think the hand-wringing over class balance and years left is very 2009.

Comment

Working...
                            X