Jestin Porter Guard Transfer MTSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    I see the Shocks needs as a PG, 4/5 Combo and a stretch 4. The odds of filling all those needs adequately is maybe 50-50 and that might be optimistic.
    Adequately right now may be having someone to even play a 4/5 backup roll. I believe we only have Ballard and DeGray to play those two positions. We are guard-small forward heavy already. That has nothing to do with how good or ready they are to take on serious minutes. That's just a numbers fact.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

You best hope the "wrong" 1 or 2 of them don't leave.
      Agreed. Its a gamble .. but a better gamble than going into the year with the PGs we have right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Agreed. Its a gamble .. but a better gamble than going into the year with the PGs we have right now.
        The only way that changes is if Pipkin becomes a super stud FR
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

The only way that changes is if Pipkin becomes a super stud FR
          And if he does you're likely looking for his replacement next year.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

And if he does you're likely looking for his replacement next year.
            let's hope he's a bust, then

Comment

So, you're saying that the PGs we have right now are more of a gamble to success than having ONE center who may or may not be able to play 70% of the positions minutes, having NO 4/5 player, and relying on a single 6'6" PF?

Look. I believe a coach is responsible if he has a lopsided roster and is equally responsible for fixing it.

Comment

So, you're saying that the PGs we have right now are more of a gamble to success than having ONE center who may or may not be able to play 70% of the positions minutes, having NO 4/5 player, and relying on a single 6'6" PF?

Look. I believe a coach is responsible if he has a lopsided roster and is equally responsible for fixing it.
                No, I was saying that its a better gamble to push out one (or two) guards even if we don't know which ones by getting a better PG, than to go into the season with BC/XB as our PG rotation.

Comment

You best hope the "wrong" 1 or 2 of them don't leave.
                  There's reason to be optimistic about some of our guys, but given the nature of college basketball now I'm not sure anyone on our roster is worth not bothering to recruit over besides Quincy. I think he's a HM player and we would struggle to replace him in the portal, not sure there aren't a handful of guys readily available that are capable of plugging in for the rest of our roster.

Comment

Originally posted by SshockerR View Post

There's reason to be optimistic about some of our guys, but given the nature of college basketball now I'm not sure anyone on our roster is worth not bothering to recruit over besides Quincy. I think he's a HM player and we would struggle to replace him in the portal, not sure there aren't a handful of guys readily available that are capable of plugging in for the rest of our roster.
                    Kinda where I'm at. Even the players we are recruiting that i'm "meh" about seem to be comparable to the players on our roster outside of QB.

Comment

No, I was saying that its a better gamble to push out one (or two) guards even if we don't know which ones by getting a better PG, than to go into the season with BC/XB as our PG rotation.
                      I assume Pipkin beats out Bell on day one

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I assume Pipkin beats out Bell on day one
                        Maybe, but that's a LOT to expect from a freshman

Comment

you didn't watch any games last season?

Comment

Bell played out of his normal position (SG) most of the season, so I wouldn't bet against Pipkin replacing his PG minutes. Not saying he is a FVV, but he doesn't have an Armstead in front of him in Cortes either.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

you didn't watch any games last season?
                              Bell might have been painful .. but freshman are freshman. Would prefer to not be relying on a freshman unless they are a 5 star kid (which we aren't getting)

Comment

20 minutes a game? That's a lot? I suppose each of us can name 2 dozen Shox who did that. Burns, Kampman, Jamar.............

Comment

Working...
                                X