Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justin Hill 6'0 PG Georgia Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I hope not. I’d be kind of disappointed tbh, sounded like a signal for something big. This just seems underwhelming. It’s a good transfer but will it solve the issues from last year? I don’t see it. We still won’t have shooting.
    Look at what Taylor just posted and the thread I just posted. If we can land BOTH of them .. i'd like it more (if McBride is out of the picture)

Comment

I hope not. I’d be kind of disappointed tbh, sounded like a signal for something big. This just seems underwhelming. It’s a good transfer but will it solve the issues from last year? I don’t see it. We still won’t have shooting.
      Yeah if it is just Hill then I feel the same. Didn't realize we are also hosting McGinnis this weekend.

So with the visits and still being in the mix for McBride I am hopefull for a big weekend!
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Strickly talking body count/positions here:

We lost one 2 (leading scorer), one 3/4, one 4, one 4-5, and one 5

We have coming back or new: one 1, one 1/2, two 2, two 2/3, one 3, one 3/4, and one 5.

We have 3 scholarships available.

We need a solid 1, a solid 4 and/or 4/5 or one solid 4 and one 5.

Yes / no?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

We have coming back or new: one 1, one 1/2, two 2, two 2/3, one 3, one 3/4, and one 5.

Yes / no?
          We have 4 Scholarships available (Ricks, Abidde, Pohto, and Rogers. TJ and Zion are taking Germany's and Ridgnal's scholarship).

So I think Solid 1, Solid 4, Solid 5, best available ideally with shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Yes / no?
            We need a PG, a shooter, and a big of some kind. It wouldn't suck if the big was also a shooter.

Stick is right, we have four spots. So PG, Shooter, Big, Big Shooter. There's my answer. Still doesn't suck if the Big can also shoot.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We have 4 Scholarships available (Ricks, Abidde, Pohto, and Rogers. TJ and Zion are taking Germany's and Ridgnal's scholarship).

So I think Solid 1, Solid 4, Solid 5, best available ideally with shooting.
              If we land a 1 and a 2, we're going to need a really good 4/5 for that last scholarship.

Comment

Seems like they’re hunting three guards if they get McBride, McGinnis and Hill no? That would leave us needing a Solid 4/5, with us opting to play smaller ball often whenever Ballard isn’t in. It’s not a bad idea, but thoughts?

Comment

Is this a "home-run"? No, but it's a better than solid recruit and a big upgrade to the current roster. Regardless of the other kid who's visiting committing or not, I would be happy to have this kid on the team.

Comment

Appears JH can often drive both directions, but loves to go right, Right? Firepower? Then let's sign both Hill and McBride to go with what we got. Our 2 talented Freshman will be trained to then take over as Sophomores. FVV backed up Armstead as a Freshman and then had 3 years to run the show.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I hope not.
                      My apologies if I disappointed. I only meant that this weekend was key in filling the roster. I don't think these 2 are here to kick tires.

Comment

Seems like they’re hunting three guards if they get McBride, McGinnis and Hill no? That would leave us needing a Solid 4/5, with us opting to play smaller ball often whenever Ballard isn’t in. It’s not a bad idea, but thoughts?
                        I don't think we should assume they would take all 3. They might, but they might just take the first 2 that show commitment and will sign on the dotted line. That's why these players are putting themselves at risk for holding out too long. It makes it tougher on themselves because competition will only increase, not decrease. And it puts the coaches in a position to move on without them, even if they are both better off had the hold-out committed earlier.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          I don't think these 2 are here to kick tires.
                          1520173255961.jpg

Comment

Like most teams in the country.....

The Shockers need horses and shooters (preferably, makers.)

Comment

I'm thinking the Justin Hill visit is an indication that McBride is beyond our reach, but then I kind of had that feeling even before the news of Hill's visit.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I'm thinking the Justin Hill visit is an indication that McBride is beyond our reach, but then I kind of had that feeling even before the news of Hill's visit.
                                Except taylor said we’re firmly in the mix. I asked what happens, are we trying to get all three, and he seemed to imply it was a possibility and that it’d be curious to see what happens to the bottom of the roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X