Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justin Hill 6'0 PG Georgia Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Hill 6'0 PG Georgia Transfer a Shocker!

Would be using his Covid year as a grad student. Shot 33% from deep and 41% at the rim. Certainly would prefer Isaac McBride but this wouldn't be a terrible second choice.

Houston? Paging Randy Burns. Randy Burns, please answer line one. Randy Burns.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Zion Pipkin is from Houston, maybe there's a connection

Comment

The more I watch J. Hill, the better I like him and his pg qualities.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Comment

Goodish Assist/TO ratio (decent ratio but only ~3 asst) , not a great shooter though. 38/33/70 shooter isn't ideal (for reference Bell's shooting is 44/29/73). He's probably better than what we have on the roster, but not sure he's a home run for a 1 year player. Would much prefer Mcbride. He does have the benefit that's he's played again tougher competition.

Comment

Worth a look. If I saw it right, he started for three years before this last year. He would want to prove Georgia wrong for benching him.

It's hard to compare him with McBride. McBride is a better shooter, Hill is more of a playmaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                Goodish Assist/TO ratio (decent ratio but only ~3 asst) , not a great shooter though. 38/33/70 shooter isn't ideal (for reference Bell's shooting is 44/29/73). He's probably better than what we have on the roster, but not sure he's a home run for a 1 year player. Would much prefer Mcbride. He does have the benefit that's he's played again tougher competition.
                I would hope this doesn't take McBride out of the picture since McBride is more of a SG and Hill is a pure PG. Adding both would be exceptional.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  Against better competition as well. I may have to dig deeper into these stats.

Comment

Is this visit what Doc was referring to regarding this weekend?
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

So looks like he played 2 yrs at Longwood, had a great 2nd year, which got him to Georgia. Stats went down at Georgia, as expected. His last 10 games his junior year were pretty impressive. I'd like to see a PG that gets more steals, he's less than 1 per game. I think he'd have better stats here than he had at Georgia and be a good compliment to Cortes. He takes a lot more 2s than 3s, which means he's a drive and not dish guy, sorta like Bell, hopefully doesn't wear the same brand of blinders. Also hope he knows how to play the pick and roll game, playing alongside Ballard may open it up for him.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
                        Worth a look. If I saw it right, he started for three years before this last year. He would want to prove Georgia wrong for benching him.

It's hard to compare him with McBride. McBride is a better shooter, Hill is more of a playmaker.
                        I'll take a playmaker over a shooter at PG

Comment

Looking deeper, may not be a home run, but might be solid. His stats are in only 24 min per game. So you can reasonable expect >10ppg and ~4 apg with closer to 30 min and a little lower competition.

Going to make the senior class even crazier last year, but if Mills proves this year that he can reload better than last year .. might be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                            I hope not.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                              I hope not. I’d be kind of disappointed tbh, sounded like a signal for something big. This just seems underwhelming. It’s a good transfer but will it solve the issues from last year? I don’t see it. We still won’t have shooting.

Comment

Working...
                              X