• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if he's a 2-3, why do we want him?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      if he's a 2-3, why do we want him?
      If we have too many 2-3s who are solid defenders and capable shooters we will be the first team to suffer that fate. And seeing as we don't have any others I think it's a plenty worthwhile add

Comment

1200 plus portals and this is the best we can do? 37% FG% is not good. Unless he is another DD on D I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by SshockerR View Post

If we have too many 2-3s who are solid defenders and capable shooters we will be the first team to suffer that fate. And seeing as we don't have any others I think it's a plenty worthwhile add
          33% from deep and 41% at the rim for a 6'6 player in the Big South is not what I would call a capable shooter, even if he is a plus defender.

To put it in Shocker terms, you're getting Ronnie DeGray from deep and Bijan Cortes at the rim, not great.

Comment

We need a PG, a legit 4, and a backup C..............

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

33% from deep and 41% at the rim for a 6'6 player in the Big South is not what I would call a capable shooter, even if he is a plus defender.

To put it in Shocker terms, you're getting Ronnie DeGray from deep and Bijan Cortes at the rim, not great.
              He takes about twice as many 3s per 100 possessions as Ronnie, and clearly gets guarded as much more of a threat. 3pt% is not created equal.

Comment

At this point, it's pretty much Shockernet speculation... and we all know what that's worth.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

We need a PG, a legit 4, and a backup C..............
                  Agree 100% This does not fullfill a need at all unless he is another DD

Comment

Originally posted by SshockerR View Post

He takes about twice as many 3s per 100 possessions as Ronnie, and clearly gets guarded as much more of a threat. 3pt% is not created equal.
                    I'm doubtful opposing teams were very concerned about closing out on a guy who was a career 25% three point shooter before last season. Massie also only shot 28% from deep in conference play last year.

I agree he looks like a good defender and rebounder, but I disagree that he's a good shooter. You have to consider that almost no one comes to WSU and becomes a better shooter lol

Honestly if he could finish at the rim I might be interested, but 41% at the rim is terrible for a wing his size.

Comment

Ehhh pass. Unless he’s a Dexter Dennis. But pass. We suffer a lot from gravity in shooting and that HAS to be solved for.

Comment

Role players are still needed. They aren't all going tp shoot 40% from 3 or have 5 assists and 1 turnover a game.

If this guy can become a defense first type of guy. He has some good size. There is probably a role for him.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

He shot 33% from three last season.
                          While I was wrong about 36%, he shot nearly 35% last season according to ESPN, up from 29% the prior season, and 18% the season before that. His 34.6% last season would be the second best on the team last year only behind Colby.

Everyone acts like we're going to be able to find 4 dudes who can shoot 40% from three. His shooting WOULD be an upgrade over what we had last year, and he seems to know how to play defense and rebound.

Comment

we have 3 to give, correct?

Comment

we have 3 to give, correct?
                              I believe so.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                                Role players are still needed. They aren't all going tp shoot 40% from 3 or have 5 assists and 1 turnover a game.

If this guy can become a defense first type of guy. He has some good size. There is probably a role for him.
                                While true .. pretty much every one we are returning is "AAC Role player" level.

Comment

Working...
                                X