NJCAA Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJCAA Tournament

I put this here since it's primarily a recruiting topic.

It looks like the games are on ESPN+.

I'm currently watching HCC's first game (not going well, though). Their starting big, 6'8 Kam Thomas, averages 16 and 6, but also shoots 43% from 3 on 5.2 attempts per game. Looks like a taller
    version of Ronnie DeGray. Not sure if he's a starting-caliber PF for an AAC team, but intriguing stats, at least.

Of course, Hutch goes on a 12-0 run soon after I said that.

One of the announcers said that Thomas only has an offer from Omaha so far.

Comment

The Barton vs Walters State game started with a FT due to an administrative technical foul when Walters didn't submit their starting lineup on time.

Comment

JuCo seems to be a good recruiting route right now. EVERYBODY is recruiting the portal. HS guys are unlikely to finish their careers at their first school.

JuCo guys might give you 2 years and may not be as heavily recruited as players in the portal.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          JuCo seems to be a good recruiting route right now. EVERYBODY is recruiting the portal. HS guys are unlikely to finish their careers at their first school.

JuCo guys might give you 2 years and may not be as heavily recruited as players in the portal.
          Cle turned out an ok pickup for us. Juco may be our ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Cle turned out an ok pickup for us. Juco may be our ticket.
            With the recruiting of freshmen other that the top 150 - 200 becoming less prominent more of these high school seniors may find the Juco route their best option which in turn will make recruiting juco talent more prominent, perhaps improve the pool of juco talent available that should be more of a known quantity than high schools seniors.

You might even see some of that same effect with D-II talent.

Comment

Hutch playing now, was 10 of 22 from 3 in the first half. Got out to a 19-1 lead. Chipola cut it to 11 at the half.

Comment

One other player I liked last night in Hutchinson was Jonah Hinton a guard from Panola. He just got an offer from East Carolina which is probably his best offer so far. He has 3 years of eligibility. Good ball handler and defender. Made 3 or 4 three pointers. Can get by people off the dribble.
                Another player from Panola is a 6’7” forward named Yaphet Moundi. He just got an offer from Iona. I didn’t mention him before because I thought he was committed somewhere already, but I guess not.

Comment

#1 Barton is currently playing (and leading by 10) #8 NW Florida, who has five players in the JucoRecruiting top 100.

# 9 Tavion Banks
                  # 31 Rasheed Jones
                  # 42 Tyrese Elliot
                  # 60 Jadyn Shider
                  # 73 Jamal Sumlin

Barton just has one, # 68 Lajae Jones.

Comment

# 2 South Plains vs # 7 Triton. South Plains has # 1 juco player Malique Ewin (uncommited), UAB commit and juco # 3 Jabori McGhee, # 25 Jermahri Hill (Ball St), # 26 Jalen Hampton (uncommitted) and # 72 Jalen Forrest (Georgia Tech).

Triton has two top-100, # 46 Amar Aguillard and # 96 Dylan Williams.

The Georgia Tech commit is oddly wearing a t-shirt under his jersey with an AAC logo on the sleeve.
                    Last edited by RoyalShock; March 27, 2024, 03:28 PM.

Comment

The #2 seed, with two of the top three players, and five in the top 100, lose to #7.

I don't know if WSU is even in contact with him, but if we could get Malique Ewin from South Plains, we would have a very formidable front line. 23 points, 11 boards today.

Comment

Ewin is a big strong player with good hands and footwork. Not overly athletic. Good passer. Didn’t show an outside shot when I saw him Monday.

Comment

Working...
                        X