NJ Benson 6'8 F/C Missouri St Transfer to DePaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ Benson 6'8 F/C Missouri St Transfer to DePaul

Two years of eligibility remaining. Appears to be a tweener between 4 and 5 spot. Doesn't shoot the 3, but does a lot of other things well. Second best offensive BPM (2.2) on Missouri State and best defensive BPM (2.0).

N.J. Benson Career Stats - NCAAM - ESPN

T-Rank Player Stats - Customizable College Basketball Tempo Free Stats - T-Rank (barttorvik.com)

Elite rebounder. I like that he has two years remaining given our logjam of seniors. Not sure he could play the 4 next to Ballard or Pohto given his lack of shooting ability but I wouldn't mind him as a Pohto replacement (if it comes to that).

Comment

Reminds of Carl Hall.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
        Elite rebounder. I like that he has two years remaining given our logjam of seniors. Not sure he could play the 4 next to Ballard or Pohto given his lack of shooting ability but I wouldn't mind him as a Pohto replacement (if it comes to that).
        What do you see that would be a step up from Pohto? I must be missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

What do you see that would be a step up from Pohto? I must be missing something.
          Not sure it would be a step up, was more saying that in the event Pohto leaves.

However, here is the direct comparison:

image.png
          image.png

Benson appears to be the stronger rebounder, better finisher at the rim, and better defensively. He also blocks shots at a very high rate.​

Comment

Going to DePaul.

Comment

Working...
            X