Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marin Maric, C, Class of 2013

Scouting Indiana ‏@ScoutingIndiana
    6'10, 230 C Marin Maric (2013) is a new Croatian-born prospect now at La Lumiere Preparatory...reportedly has earned a Wichita State offer

Not a lot of free info out there on this guy. Maybe trop can dig some up.

He played on the Croatian team that just won the U18 European Championship. He wasn't a major contributor (11.8 minutes per game, 3.8 points per game, 2.8 rebounds per game), but did shoot 54.5% from the field.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

hey bein 6'10 230 sounds good to me

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
        hey bein 6'10 230 sounds good to me
        6-10, 230 only sounds good if he's talented enough to actually see the floor more than just mop up minutes. Many on this board have been drooling about a 7-footer that played 5 & 7 minutes per game over the past two years.

Comment

But he was playing behind Tournament MVP Dario Saric, a 6-10 dude averaging 25.6 ppg and 10.1 rpg who is projected as a first-round NBA draft pick. At the very least, the jury is still out.
          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

And that seven footer has been playing behind some real offensive threats his first two years here. Had they not been here, he'd have played A LOT more and therefore had better numbers.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

lets get him in for a visit

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                And that seven footer has been playing behind some real offensive threats his first two years here. Had they not been here, he'd have played A LOT more and therefore had better numbers.
                Go back to the last 10 regular season games of last year. He had ample opportunity to play in blowouts...and didn't except for one game (off the top of my head). That had nothing to do with backing up Stutz, Durley, or any other post player that were considered "offensive threats.". Unfortunately, he has been way over-hyped. That's ok...he is what he is, which is a freak of an athlete physically. What he lacks is the inner makeup to be the type of player we all want him to be. I hope he has a great senior year, which in my opinion is about 12 minutes of participation. He will snag about every rebound within about a four state area, block a lot of shots and score very modestly because he just doesn't have what it takes to excel on that side of the stat sheet. That's ok. Let's enjoy him and not over-hype him any more.

Comment

Pan down to video. #14 in red:

Perhaps Marin is related to Ivica Marić a former Croatian professional basketball player who was a member of the Croatian national team in the 90s. Ivica was a point guard, so maybe not.
                  Last edited by tropicalshox; September 27, 2012, 04:57 AM.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Did this guy or the other big we offered from this team commit to anyone?

Comment

Who is the other big from this team? I can only come up with AJ Riley, who is a guard without an offer from us.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Maybe Sam Logwood???

Comment

He will play for Northern Illinois.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                          X