• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooz!!!! Nice work!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

ADKS was on 'Sports Sunday' and mentioned there might be some good recruiting news on the horizon.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Thanks Cooz (one of my all time favorite Shocks) but HCPM and staff still had to seal the sell (up against good competition). Welcome to Shocker Nation, Zion.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 5, 2023, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Hard to be anything but impressed with what Mills has done recruiting so far. Not really any crazy splashes in the portal, but I can see the vision with everyone he brought in given where we are at right now, and an excellent start to the 2024 class.

Comment

Some impressive passes and dribble penetration by Zion on this highlight link.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                If his 247 composite rating holds, Pipkin would be WSU's sixth highest-rated recruit in the 247 era, behind Markis McDuffie and ahead of Samajae Haynes-Jones.
                Harland Beverly if we're counting transfers (4*, #69 on 247)

Comment

BANG!!!

wearing Cooz #2

Comment

Nice scouting report on Zion accompanies the above tweet. Click on the Story link.

Comment

I'm quite happy with the start of this recruiting Season. It appears we lose Germany and Dalen R. for next Sean. We will have DeGray eligible by then to fill one of those slots. We will have guards galore and could use another big? Then we can regroup after the Season for any portal needs.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

If his 247 composite rating holds, Pipkin would be WSU's sixth highest-rated recruit in the 247 era, behind Markis McDuffie and ahead of Samajae Haynes-Jones.
                        I’m ignorant but who all is around him in terms of our top 10 in the 247 era? Trying to get idea of how he might stack up potentially, given that McDuffie was great, but (personally) never loved Samajae

Comment

So with this signing .. we are TECHNICALLY full for 2024 correct? If so ... wonder how they handle recruiting at this point. HCPM had pretty low turnover, but I would expect to lose a couple no matter what. I'm guessing those will be filled via other portals. 2024-2025 will have a fairly large senior class.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I’m ignorant but who all is around him in terms of our top 10 in the 247 era? Trying to get idea of how he might stack up potentially, given that McDuffie was great, but (personally) never loved Samajae
                            WSU's Top Ten on 247:

1- Fred VanVleet (2012)
                            2- Sean Ogirri (2004)
                            3- Tyson Etienne (2019)
                            4- Grant Sherfield (2019)
                            5- Markis McDuffie (2015)
                            6- Zion Pipkin (2024)
                            7- Samajae Haynes-Jones (2017)
                            8- Jerome Hamilton (2009)
                            9- Landry Shamet (2015)
                            10 - Darral Willis (2016) - JUCO

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              So with this signing .. we are TECHNICALLY full for 2024 correct? If so ... wonder how they handle recruiting at this point. HCPM had pretty low turnover, but I would expect to lose a couple no matter what. I'm guessing those will be filled via other portals. 2024-2025 will have a fairly large senior class.
                              Yes, technically every scholarship for next season is spoken for. If I were to predict any transfers based on playing time I would suspect they would come from the backcourt, where bench guys might struggle to see playing time this season. I doubt any of the two-time transfers leave easily given the NCAA's tightening of transfer rules (unless they can avoid that via grad transfer).

If I had to guess, I'd say Ridgnal gets replaced by DeGray III and Germany gets replaced via the transfer portal when someone inevitably leaves.

Comment

How far back does 247 go? I know I was using Rivals back in the day and Jamar Howard would be on this list as I want to say he was in the ballpark of 120.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X