Mikey Lewis 6’ 3” PG Accelerated Prep Class of 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikey Lewis 6’ 3” PG Accelerated Prep Class of 2024

If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Originally posted by ShoxFan7 View Post
    Coach Gore’s bio…

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Mikey Lewis highlights
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Is the DOBO allowed to recruit?

Comment

I think on campus. Yes. Phone calls, on campus visits, etc.

Comment

Quite the resume for a DOBO. Paul Mills has put together a nice staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That's like asking if an ambulance is allowed to drive 65mph without lights on, in a 60mph zone where the rest of traffic typically cruises around 75-80mph.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Can he reclassify to this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

That's like asking if an ambulance is allowed to drive 65mph without lights on, in a 60mph zone where the rest of traffic typically cruises around 75-80mph.
                  We all know we would be the only ambulance to ever get pulled over and arrested for driving 5 over.

Comment

We all know we would be the only ambulance to ever get pulled over and arrested for driving 5 over.
                    Facts.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Does the NCAA really have any rules anymore? Or any that will stand up in court?

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Quite the resume for a DOBO. Paul Mills has put together a nice staff.
                        My first thought was, "who in the heck is 'Coach Gore?"

I think most of us were guilty of making quick assumptions following the Paul Mills hire. "Meh!" Once you pull back the layers of the onion, things start to look a little better. He appears to surround himself with quality people, like most successful executives do. I'm guessing the same applies to new head baseball coach Brian Green... my first thought was again 'meh', but after watching the press conference, I felt much better. I'll try not to judge his staff until I do more research. Listen to ole Ross ("Talk to me Ross") and ShockRef; those dudes know.

"Fairmount College transitioned into the Municipal University of Wichita (popularly known as "WU") in 1926, and WU joined the joined the Central Conference in athletics that same year. A year later, WU earned its first regional basketball acclaim when, led by First-Team All-American Ross McBurney and Second-Team All-American Harold Reynolds, the Wheatshockers finished the 1927 season with a 13–1 record and a second-place finish behind conference champions Pittsburg State University."

100 Years of Shocker Hoops - (2006) Summer 2006 - THE SHOCKER (wichita.edu)
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          Can he reclassify to this year?

Comment

This is from a 2014 article. If anything these rules are probably less stringent in today's collegiate environment than they were in 2014.

A large amount of the job is administrative work -- making sure the budget is in order, maintaining the daily schedule, working with Under Armour to order equiment and really anything else the head coach needs to help make the program run smoothly. The director of operations also helps maintain the academic side of things, and makes sure everything is a-okay on the compliance side of things.

Recruiting plays a big role, as well. While NCAA regulations prohibit the director of operations to recruit off-campus, they are allowed to recruit on-campus and are responsible for daily recruiting operations -- planning and coordinating visits (including how the prospect gets there and what they do when they arrive) and keeps a list of potential prospects.

There is one other notable restriction on the position -- they're not allowed to actively coach on the court during pre-season or post-season workouts or regular season practices. The director of operations can teach players through film study and learning the playbook, however, so they're not completely hands off with the players.

Comment

My first thought was, "who in the heck is 'Coach Gore?"

I think most of us were guilty of making quick assumptions following the Paul Mills hire. "Meh!" Once you pull back the layers of the onion, things start to look a little better. He appears to surround himself with quality people, like most successful executives do. I'm guessing the same applies to new head baseball coach Brian Green... my first thought was again 'meh', but after watching the press conference, I felt much better. I'll try not to judge his staff until I do more research. Listen to ole Ross ("Talk to me Ross") and ShockRef; those dudes know.

"Fairmount College transitioned into the Municipal University of Wichita (popularly known as "WU") in 1926, and WU joined the joined the Central Conference in athletics that same year. A year later, WU earned its first regional basketball acclaim when, led by First-Team All-American Ross McBurney and Second-Team All-American Harold Reynolds, the Wheatshockers finished the 1927 season with a 13–1 record and a second-place finish behind conference champions Pittsburg State University."

100 Years of Shocker Hoops - (2006) Summer 2006 - THE SHOCKER (wichita.edu)

This is so true. A head coach is as much a CEO as a coach at this level. This is an area our last coach had virtually no ability at in my opinion. The ORU message board, in their sour grape posts, smugly stated that the assistants did most of the recruiting anyway, so Mills wouldn't be much loss.

Reality is, that is how most good programs operate with the head coach surrounding himself with assistants that can get things done. That is certainly how GM operated.

Comment

Working...
                              X