Harlond Beverly 6'7 G Miami Transfer - Shocker commit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harlond Beverly 6'7 G Miami Transfer - Shocker commit

Miami transfer Harlond Beverly picked up a prediction for Wichita State.
    Last edited by RoyalShock; April 11, 2023, 04:08 PM.
    Livin the dream

He passes well for his size. Interesting player and would certainly be a piece. His career at Miami certainly hasn’t progressed how you would expect, but maybe he just needs the right fit.

Comment

Trilly Donovan
      @trillydonovan
      Can confirm. Shoutout to Quincy Acy for what I *believe* is his first recruit as an assistant coach.

Heat Check
      @HeatCheckHoops
      ·
      14h
      Miami transfer Harlond Beverly (@Harlond20) has picked up a crystal ball prediction for @GoShockersMBB via @247Sports. Beverly averaged 5/2/2 over four seasons with the Hurricanes.

Comment

Beverly looks like a guy that can pick up where Jaykwon Walton left off.

Comment

If Abmas commits our perimeter looks strong. Got to shore up at PF and C. I think we may have the staff to do it.

Comment

The young man's comments out the door seem very grounded. Apparently could have 2 years (played 4 games before a back injury ended last season and was way behind on conditioning according to an article quoting Coach Larranaga...so 2 years if he chooses a P5 type program, 1 for everyone else) eligibility remaining.

Played in all but 1 game for a team that went to the Final Four. 20 steals in limited time. Based on his quotes about what he's done and accomplished as a team at Miami, the discount for last year's injury, his ability and stats as a 1st and 2nd year player at Miami....as long as he's not being asked to lead us in 3 point shooting (clearly he's not a threat from 3) then yes please. Plenty of upside and certainly a guy that can step in and be a dude as well as a guy that knows what it takes to win. Yes, please.

Comment

Just committed. Another Shocker!

Comment

Source him
                If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    The young man's comments out the door seem very grounded. Apparently could have 2 years (played 4 games before a back injury ended last season and was way behind on conditioning according to an article quoting Coach Larranaga...so 2 years if he chooses a P5 type program, 1 for everyone else) eligibility remaining.

Played in all but 1 game for a team that went to the Final Four. 20 steals in limited time. Based on his quotes about what he's done and accomplished as a team at Miami, the discount for last year's injury, his ability and stats as a 1st and 2nd year player at Miami....as long as he's not being asked to lead us in 3 point shooting (clearly he's not a threat from 3) then yes please. Plenty of upside and certainly a guy that can step in and be a dude as well as a guy that knows what it takes to win. Yes, please.
                    This.

Also this is not a shot at anyone. Any player or IB. Because I thought he recruited pretty well.

But, I get the distinct feeling the quality of guy signed: Integrity, loyalty, academics, ect. will be a bigger part of this staff’s gets than it was previously.

Again, I don’t think IB or 3G were bringing in **** guys. I’m just kind of reading between the lines.

Comment

I’m a little curious about the backstory on how we got involved with Harlond Beverly. It was almost as if Quincy Acey got some information on him entering the portal prior to him actually entering it, because QA appeared ready to pounce from Day 1. Did QA actually get information from NBA/G League scouts? Did HCPM know something ahead of time? Things happened quickly and there had to be other interested teams on a former 4* HS recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                        I’m a little curious about the backstory on how we got involved with Harlond Beverly. It was almost as if Quincy Acey got some information on him entering the portal prior to him actually entering it, because QA appeared ready to pounce from Day 1. Did QA actually get information from NBA/G League scouts? Did HCPM know something ahead of time? Things happened quickly and there had to be other interested teams on a former 4* HS recruit.
                        It's not tampering if you aren't employed lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It's not tampering if you aren't employed lol
                          I wasn’t making a tampering accusation. Just interested in his connections and would be entertained by more information if anyone has any. If not, Taylor could have an interesting backstory article to write when local stories dry up in a few weeks, or earlier if he can.

Asst. Coaches connections can be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I wasn’t making a tampering accusation. Just interested in his connections and would be entertained by more information if anyone has any. If not, Taylor could have an interesting backstory article to write when local stories dry up in a few weeks, or earlier if he can.

Asst. Coaches connections can be interesting.
                            Right, I'm just saying that's my guess of why he committed so quickly after going in the portal. I'm guessing conversations were had before Acey was officially employed here.

Comment

Bump - tired of seeing the sunrise thread at the top and being disappointed. Need to be reminded that we have signed a good player.

Comment

Working...
                              X