Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devon Manning - Committed to Trinidad State JC

6'2" PG. Pueblo (CO) Pueblo Central. Class of '08 3*

Has offers from UNM, Utah, Wyo., Denver, Wichita State, Montana and Portland St.

Also getting looks from ASU, CSU and Wash. St.

Averaged 20.8 ppg as a sophmore.

Is averaging 24.9ppg and 5.3apg this season.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Re: Devon Manning

Originally posted by SubGod22
    6'2" PG. Pueblo (CO) Pueblo Central. Class of '08 3*

Has offers from UNM, Utah, Wyo., Denver, Wichita State, Montana and Portland St.

Also getting looks from ASU, CSU and Wash. St.

Averaged 20.8 ppg as a sophmore.

Is averaging 24.9ppg and 5.3apg this season.
    I bet that would work out well.

Comment

Comment

This is the first update on Manning since our coaching change and he says we are currently recruiting him along with Santa Barbara, Cal Poly, Montana, Montana State, UNC, Weber State and New Mexico. No offers yet.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Visiting Air Force this weekend.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Is still the only PG listed as a possible recruit. Seems very interested in us, and would work nicely to back up Hannah in case the CG's don't develop at the point. Good shooter who likes to share the rock...anyone else heard anything?

Comment

Now a rivals 3-Star, has expanded his list to include Arizona State...

Comment

I always liked this kid for some reason. I think he'll do alright wherever he ends up.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Everything I read makes me think of a 6'2 MB. Smart, plays hard, good shooter, team first attitude. Only thing I haven't found any info on is his defense. Could be the hang up with Coach Marshall?

I really don't think we will hear anything about anything until after the season. With Hatch being ahead of Butler, I don't see him coming back. I think we could gain one or two more schollies with Hatch and Orukpe and I think Coach is recruiting to prepare for that.

Comment

I am still a BIG fan of Manning.

Comment

Have they played ThunderRidge yet?

Comment

From his stats it looks like he shoots more than assists, averaging about 2.0 assists, and 3.0 turnovers per game.

Found where Portland State is also recruiting him.

I don't know, I just don't feel like Colorado is a land of plenty for good BB players.

Defense may be a question, but with the team's defensive stats this year, CGM's defensive plan is not working out. We are last in the conference for defending against 3 pointers, plus the other defensive stats.

Comment

He's having a very quiet recruitment so it's difficult to know what the interest level is. Since little has been written he doesn't get discussed much but sounds like a player. There is a Scout writer in Colorado who covers football mostly but wrote many articles on the two guys from Colorado that are going to BC. I really don't understand why he doesn't also write about Manning. I believe I even sent him a e-mail requesting info about Devon but he never responded although we communicated some on other topics.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Snapshot, I don't understand your comment about defense. Are you saying if we aren't playing well defensively, then we shouldn't recruit good defenders?

I think when we have more athletic players in the mix, you will see the three point defense improve dramatically.
                            Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

And when we have better post defense we'll see the three point defense improve as well. How many open looks are caused by people helping off and collapsing on the post? We' could have a couple of 7 footers in here that won't need to be helped as often eventually.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X