No announcement yet.

Sam Logwood 6-6 F to Auburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't compare this to Ellis. Ellis grew up in Wichita. This kid grew up in Indy. Maybe this kid somehow has parents that went to ISUb or something and there's that connection that we're unfamiliar with?... But as others have said, it's odd company to see. At least in our case with Ellis, we have a lot of things going for us with fans, facilities, coach and a very upward trend and some national buzz. Can't really say the same for Blue. Especially when mixed in with Xavier and Michigan State.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I don't see to much unusual with Logwood's recruitment. Most of the interest in him started with teams like IUPUI, Ball State, Miami-O and continued with Evansville, Valpo, Radford, Indiana State and then Xavier, Nebraska, Auburn. Michigan State is first of the more elite basketball programs to get real interested. Sam's stock has been slowly going up for sometime. There will probably be more serious interest coming if he stays uncommitted.
      In the fast lane

Comment

The list trop gives put a different light on things. But that first short list we saw looked odd. It still isn't bias though.

Comment

Creighton offers.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Logwood is ranked #78 in the ESPN top 100. They show him from a different school. La Lumiere School in Indianapolis. I assume it's the same player. He's a 4 star with a score of 83. ESPN doesn't have WSU on his school list

Comment

Iowa offers
              In the fast lane

Comment

Logwood sounds like a nice player, but with the commitment from Zach Brown isn't Logwood's position now somewhat less urgent for next year anyway?

Obviously the coaches aren't blowing it off, and they know what they're doing far better than we do, but it would seem (also possibly depending on what happens with Earl Watson) as though the C / PF spot may need more restocking than SF does.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                  Logwood sounds like a nice player, but with the commitment from Zach Brown isn't Logwood's position somewhat less urgent for next year anyway? Obviously the coaches aren't blowing it off, and they know what they're doing far better than we do, but it would seem (also possibly depending on what happens with Earl Watson) as though the C / PF spot may need more restocking than SF does.
                  Even IF Watson shows up, I think we'd need to add a young C/PF in the class of '14. We'd still be down to Carter, Shaq and Watson at that point. With two of them SRs.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I absolutely agree, Sub. But unless he grows, Logwood isn't that guy -- at the beginning of the thread, he was 6-6, 200. "At this level," that's a SF, which is why I made the point that Brown has satisfied the immediate need at that spot, where they'll also have Wessel for another three years, and Green for four. What they need on the front line now is BIGS.

Comment

Twwet from FiveStar Recruits:

2014 SF Sam Logwood (@Sammy2timesss) has cut his list to Bradley, Creighton, Auburn, Indiana State, Iowa, Buffalo, Ball State, and Miami OH.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Well, trop, if that's true, the outliers were actually Michigan state and Xavier. Who knew?

Comment

Alex Kline tweets:

@TheRecruitScoop: Wichita State has offered 2014 forward Sam Logwood of Eric Gordon All-Stars (IN).
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Catching up on Logwood, back in May he said Auburn was his leader. A visit to them and taking in their football game is planned near the end of August.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Michigan State has serious interest.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Official visit to Auburn set for August 31st.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X