Wichita Hoopfest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita Hoopfest

Sunrise is hosting an assortment of powerhouse HS teams and talent starting tonight and running through Sat eve at Koch. Might be worth investigating.

Interesting site for the teams in this conference. National Interscholastic Basketball Conference (nibchoops.com)

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      Sunrise is hosting an assortment of powerhouse HS teams and talent starting tonight and running through Sat eve at Koch. Might be worth investigating.
      Who wants to watch a bunch of kids being exploited and not earning anything above getting an education for playing a sport? The coaches are getting paid and the booster clubs are raising money, so why aren't the athletes getting a piece of it?!?! After all THEY are the reason the coach is getting paid and the boosters are able to raise funds!

And while we're at it; why do the athletes have to honor the commitment to play at the school their parents chose when they selected a residence??

High school is pure and simple exploitation for future professional athletes. High school needs an open transfer rule and to financially compensate these future professional athletes for their name, image and/or likeness.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Who wants to watch a bunch of kids being exploited and not earning anything above getting an education for playing a sport? The coaches are getting paid and the booster clubs are raising money, so why aren't the athletes getting a piece of it?!?! After all THEY are the reason the coach is getting paid and the boosters are able to raise funds!

And while we're at it; why do the athletes have to honor the commitment to play at the school their parents chose when they selected a residence??

High school is pure and simple exploitation for future professional athletes. High school needs an open transfer rule and to financially compensate these future professional athletes for their name, image and/or likeness.
        How do you know none of that exists, especially with these teams? This ain’t your 1a western Kansas school playing in a 200 seat gym.

Kind of hypocritical of me to plug this event but I am not emotionally invested in it and it is good for the university and city. In addition it gives you an opportunity to throw your Pepsi at one of the slimy P5 coaches that may be in attendance.

Comment

I heard but can’t confirm there are at least 20 of the Top 100 players playing here this weekend.

Comment

I heard but can’t confirm there are at least 20 of the Top 100 players playing here this weekend.
            Wow
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Here's where we need a "name" brand coach. No, Marshall wouldn't be recruiting these guys either. We need a "hookers and blow" type coach like Rick Patino...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
              X