X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kamsi Nwosu, 6'8" PF, 2027, offered

Kamsi Nwosu @nwosu3_kamsi

Nov 6
    #AGTG Blessed to receive an OFFER from @CoachTWaterman Wichita State University

So this kid is 6'8" in the 8th grade?
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      So this kid is 6'8" in the 8th grade?
      My boy is a 5-11 center for the McPherson bulldogs 8th grade team. I can’t imagine him going up against a giant like that.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

My boy is a 5-11 center for the McPherson bulldogs 8th grade team. I can’t imagine him going up against a giant like that.
        Upon reflections, while it's rare, I have seen this before. I number of years ago I was working MAYB Nationals and working essentially 6th graders. There was a team from Corpus Christi that I'll never forget and they had two kids that weren't only tall, but thick. I'm 6' and looked up to both. I want to say one was 6'4" and the other 6'6". I remember coming out of a timeout that they were going to inbound and I looked at one of them and said, 'are you sure you're only 12?' He chuckled and said, 'yeah. We have to take our birth certificates to every tournament'.

Great kids that dominated the games I saw. The two bigs rebounded pretty much everything, they were decent athletes and not just big. The guards would just take off and the bigs would get the board, turn and just chuck the ball down court to whichever guard they chose. Each pass was nearly perfect and those guards were quick.

Still, seeing kids that big, that young is something else.

But I'm also a little leery of getting to hype on kids this age as more often than not, they don't continue to outpace their peers as they age and the field usually catches up.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I believe this is one of the kids who was here on a visit over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
          X