No announcement yet.

Shammah Scott - 6'2" PG Class of 2023 Offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doo dah diner continues to get recognized. As much free press as they get, they should be an NIL sponsor and give these athletes free food, maybe they do.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm cautiously optimistic about the guys we brought in. I think this is a good signing. Lets go!

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
          I'm cautiously optimistic about the guys we brought in. I think this is a good signing. Lets go!
          When you essentially have 11 new players joining the rotation you have to figure some of them will be work out nicely. There definitely is some talent and athleticism on the roster.

Comment

Nice late get. I think Coach Pierre has a already earned a good chunk of his salary for the year.

Comment

Hard not to think this guy is a good get, especially late. I still have many reservations about our upcoming season, but I like the signing.

Wash away my troubles, wash away my pain, on the road to Shammah Scott...
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Yes, I like it!!! Good choice and welcome Mr. Scott. We have more new players than I ever remember here for the Shocks for one Season. Will we surge into the top 100? Stay tuned and keep your program handy.
                Last edited by forevershockerfan; July 31, 2022, 09:24 AM.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Seems like a very good pickup. My good friend and I decided not to renew our season tickets after last season but I now think we will go ahead and renew. The AD change was the big reason but I am also encouraged with the recruiting. I still think Coach Brown can get the job done.

Comment

I'm still VERY skeptical of HCIB...with that said, they brought in what seems a promising bunch of kids and they fired our anchor of an AD...they have my support.

I hope our new AD is courageous with making changes if necessary though. There are obvious financial barriers, however they say this guy can fundraise...

Comment

I think this kid will be an absolute steal!
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Is he a combo or a PG?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                          Is he a combo or a PG?
                          Looks like a combo guard to me but I am guessing his primary position and the one he will play most is PG. He was in the PG role at Juco. However, the video in the first post shows that he has some offensive skills at the levels he has played at. Quick first step, good ability to create separation, pull up mid-range game, and drive and finish. Excited about this one. I think diamond in the rough who was behind two really good players last year at NWF.

Comment

According to Taylor Eldrige's article on the Shammah Scott signing:

All that was missing was a point guard to spell star senior Craig Porter. The Shockers feel like they have found a perfect candidate in Scott, who comes to Wichita with three years of eligibility remaining.

“I had to sacrifice for the better of the team because we had a lot of really good sophomores and I think that helped me work on other parts of my game,” Scott said. “I really focused on guarding as hard as I could. I loved doing all of the little things and that’s the thing I can say about playing for Greg Heiar is that he definitely pushed me to become a much harder worker.”

The Shockers had options at backup point guard, but they would have required a scoring guard like Xavier Bell or Jaron Pierre Jr. to slide over to be the main ball handler. Scott, a pure point guard, was exactly the kind of player the WSU coaching staff had in mind for their 13th and final scholarship. “I love to get my teammates involved, that’s honestly my favorite part of the game,” Scott said. “I feel like I can shoot it, I love to get out in transition, I can rebound and I found a great passion this last year in playing defense. I want to guard the other team’s best guard and pick them up full court and just tire them out. But moving the ball around and seeing my teammates win, that’s what makes my day.”

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              According to Taylor Eldrige's article on the Shammah Scott signing:

All that was missing was a point guard to spell star senior Craig Porter. The Shockers feel like they have found a perfect candidate in Scott, who comes to Wichita with three years of eligibility remaining.

“I had to sacrifice for the better of the team because we had a lot of really good sophomores and I think that helped me work on other parts of my game,” Scott said. “I really focused on guarding as hard as I could. I loved doing all of the little things and that’s the thing I can say about playing for Greg Heiar is that he definitely pushed me to become a much harder worker.”

The Shockers had options at backup point guard, but they would have required a scoring guard like Xavier Bell or Jaron Pierre Jr. to slide over to be the main ball handler. Scott, a pure point guard, was exactly the kind of player the WSU coaching staff had in mind for their 13th and final scholarship. “I love to get my teammates involved, that’s honestly my favorite part of the game,” Scott said. “I feel like I can shoot it, I love to get out in transition, I can rebound and I found a great passion this last year in playing defense. I want to guard the other team’s best guard and pick them up full court and just tire them out. But moving the ball around and seeing my teammates win, that’s what makes my day.”

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy
                              Sounds like a young man who gets it. From what I can tell, a lot of WSU's offseason additions seem to be good culture guys.

Comment

Scott averaged 6.8 points and 1.4 assists in less than 16 minutes per game, while shooting 51.9% from the field and 47.5% on 59 three-point attempts.

47% from 3, and prefers seeing his teammates win. Yep, I like.

Comment

Working...
                                X