Sebastian Williams-Adams - SF - Class of 2025

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sebastian Williams-Adams - SF - Class of 2025

6'6" SF out of Houston. Gonna preface this by saying that I have no knowledge of whether the Shockers are showing interest in this kid. Just thought the tweet was interesting. Can any of you help decipher who the Mother and Grandfather are with WSU ties?

"My mom was an All-American and went to North Carolina, but then transferred to Wichita State and my grandpa played at Wichita State as well," he said of where he learned to play basketball. "My mom has just taught me to have fun playing and that if my offense isn't going to make sure to lock up defensively. I don't ever want to be a weak link defensively so that's what she has taught me."
    The future is bright with the 2025 recruiting class and one player who is emerging as an early high major prospect is Sebastian Williams-Adams out of Houston, Texas. The

Kareema Williams?

"In her lone season with Wichita State, Kareema Williams became the first Shocker to earn Missouri Valley Conference Player of the Year honors after averaging 20.9 points per game in 1991-92."

(4) Facebook
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Kareema Williams?

"In her lone season with Wichita State, Kareema Williams became the first Shocker to earn Missouri Valley Conference Player of the Year honors after averaging 20.9 points per game in 1991-92."

(4) Facebook
      Thank you for that! Had forgotten all about her. She was really good! Any idea who the grandpa would have been?

Edit: Carl Williams. Went to East High and played for the Shox in 1966 and 1967.

Comment

I think Kareema went to high school at Wichita Southeast.

Comment

Not sure that any of this, in and of itself, gives Wichita State any particular edge or opening on this young man.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Not sure that any of this, in and of itself, gives Wichita State any particular edge or opening on this young man.
            Which is why I prefaced my initial post...

Was just curious.

Comment

That's a name I remember. Was a classmate of Kareema in high school. She was a STUD on the court and a SUPER nice person!!! Think she may have even been invited or played for the Olympics if memory serves.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Saw this kid play last night at Houston Christian vs my favorite PG Montana Wheeler. Sebastian is ranked Top 25 in the Sophomore class and had a great game., He can play positions 1-5. His handles are tight, shoots the 3 with ease, blocks shots, rebounds, plays over the rim. He’s 6’8” now, his play reminds me of Jaykwon Walton.

Montana, on the other hand is a lightning bug. Tight handles, great finisher below the rim (like Fred), excellent body control. He loves to pull up for the 6 foot jumper and almost always makes it. Squares his body to the rim almost every time. They tried to double and triple team Montana but he still ended up with 30 points, 6 assists and the win. Montana is also a sophomore, although I don’t think his recruiting has blown up yet despite being the younger brother of a Kentucky player. I wish the Shox would get in on Montana while there’s still time.

Comment

Nm

Comment

Working...
                  X