Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like we're building a team of misfit toys, but not in a bad way - all these guys have faced some adversity, lack of playing time, lack of team success... If they all come in focused and the chemistry is there, that kind of group can be really dangerous. Missed having a chip on the Shox shoulder and I think we will have that again this szn.
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
      Seems like we're building a team of misfit toys, but not in a bad way - all these guys have faced some adversity, lack of playing time, lack of team success... If they all come in focused and the chemistry is there, that kind of group can be really dangerous. Missed having a chip on the Shox shoulder and I think we will have that again this szn.
      No 5 stars nor 4 stars that I can see, but also we have to be somewhat encouraged that Brown is successfully recruiting talent (maybe better than last year). However the building of chemistry you mention, isn’t a magical dust that is spread. Chemistry has to placed on the shoulders on Brown.

Comment

Chemistry is part of Browns job, but it also falls on the shoulders of the leaders of the team. I was not impressed with the leadership from the so-called leaders on last year team. I think CP will be a great leader as pg this year. Hopefully he will get some help from RC4 if he returns.

Comment

I have no idea who will emerge, but I expect somebody will. Might be one or two of the new guys, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
            Chemistry is part of Browns job, but it also falls on the shoulders of the leaders of the team. I was not impressed with the leadership from the so-called leaders on last year team. I think CP will be a great leader as pg this year. Hopefully he will get some help from RC4 if he returns.
            Leadership is important, but who recruits and builds leadership? Players? As Truman said, “The Buck Stops here’s”. Coaches. That’s who.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Leadership is important, but who recruits and builds leadership? Players? As Truman said, “The Buck Stops here’s”. Coaches. That’s who.
              Awesome! I love the Truman quote. So it clear that Brown has to take responsibility for his coaching at WSU. Well his coaching record for 2 years is better than both Gregg Marshall and Mark Turgeon in their first 2 years at WSU. Not even close. . He has an AAC championship and AAC coach of year. I am sure he will want to try and improve that record for next year. can't wait for the 3rd year. Go Shocks.

Comment

I have to say, so far I’m pretty pleased with what Isaac Brown is doing. On paper at least it seems like we’re upgrading significantly from what we had, particularly within the front court. That says a lot that they recognized that massive black hole.

Im still looking for the special guard signings, as we’ve got some work to do there imo

Comment

Update OP with additional visits planned

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Update OP with additional visits planned
                    What about Gus Okafor you reported he’d be in for an OV on April 22 (Friday)?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

What about Gus Okafor you reported he’d be in for an OV on April 22 (Friday)?
                      Hard to keep up with all the guys visiting. Added that one now too. Thanks!!

Comment

I'm stickying this thread for a bit.
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Do we know if he has taken visits anywhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Do we know if he has taken visits anywhere else?
                                His Twitter is nearly non-existent. His last post was about his visit here, and before that I want to say his last tweet was sometime last summer maybe?
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X