Tony Gill, 6-9 PF Class of 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Gill, 6-9 PF Class of 2012

The Shocker's recruiting trip to California (believed to see Cheikh Ndiaye in San Diego) must of also went North a little. We have interest in Tony Gill who has led his Cosumnes River Community College in Sacramento all year with 18.3 ppg, 10.4 rpg. He shoots 55% from the floor and 80% on his free throws. Also showing recent interest are Northern Arizona, UC Riverside, Cal Poly, Long Beach State, Albany, Belmont, Sacramento State, Loyola-Chicago, Utah Valley and Boston College.

Greg Heiar also probably had a chat with another 6-9 F at Cosumes, Ryan Salmonson who is also in the 2012 class.
    In the fast lane

Some pretty impressive stats.

Comment

No big surprise, but Sully said today in his chat that he thinks we will sign a juco big this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        No big surprise, but Sully said today in his chat that he thinks we will sign a juco big this spring.
        I read it a little different, that he wouldn't be surprised if WSU did that, since we never know who might decide not to return. That's different than saying he thinks they will sign one, which would indicate more than just speculation.

Comment

Comment From Brad
          I count 14 in line for scholarships next year. Who's the odd man out?

That remains to be seen.

Comment From pin
          would you be surprised if we add yet another scholarship player for next season, despite being over one" already?
          Not at all. we've seen players leave for various reasons. Coaches keep recruiting for that reason and it happens at most schools. I'm not sure it's the best thing for college basketball, but it is the way things operate.

Comment From steve-sacramento
          Do you think the Shocks will try and recruit a center during the junior college tournament? They seem to be pretty small going into next year!
          Yes.

Comment

kinda black & white. yes.

Comment

But, but how about Wiggins? Anybody think 2?
              In the fast lane

Comment

Mind-boggling, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Comment From Brad
                  I count 14 in line for scholarships next year. Who's the odd man out?

That remains to be seen.

Comment From pin
                  would you be surprised if we add yet another scholarship player for next season, despite being over one" already?
                  Not at all. we've seen players leave for various reasons. Coaches keep recruiting for that reason and it happens at most schools. I'm not sure it's the best thing for college basketball, but it is the way things operate.

Comment From steve-sacramento
                  Do you think the Shocks will try and recruit a center during the junior college tournament? They seem to be pretty small going into next year!
                  Yes.
                  "recruit" != "sign"

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    "recruit" != "sign"
                    You're quibbling now.

I think Pin won.

Comment

just two Mennonites arguing..........

Comment

I don't think it's quibbling at all. One clearly implies a known need to sign a player while the other is a hedge to prepare for the unexpected. Very different situations.

Comment

As I and others have noted before, we also don't even know that the Shocks are "one over" for next year (and there have been explanations posted on here of why they aren't necessarily over).

Comment

Gill named to Recruitdirt's juco All-American second team.

In the fast lane

Comment

Good info on Gill:

In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X