Zakai Ziegler - 5'10" PG Class of 2022 Offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zakai Ziegler - 5'10" PG Class of 2022 Offered

Shockers have offered this 5'10" PG from NYC and Our Savior Lutheran School. Other offers include SIU, Minnesota, New Mex St, NJIT, Manhattan. Had a good showing at Peach Jam this past weekend to raise his stock.

Carmelo Anthony likes it...

https://verbalcommits.com/players/zakai-zeigler

Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; July 26, 2021, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Comment

According to this article from 247, he is now class of 2021 and will pick from four schools, including Wichita State. I would have assumed the signing of Abidde would eliminate Ziegler if he truly has reclassified to 2021.

https://247sports.com/Article/Basket...ler-169495822/

EDIT: His profile page on 247 still shows him to be class of 2022. So perhaps the article is wrong.
        Last edited by RoyalShock; August 23, 2021, 02:07 PM.

Comment

So did he visit?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              So did he visit?
              ?

Comment

It would seem strange for him to make such an important decision after school starts. It probably isn't this way, but it seems like a late breaking spur of the moment decision.

Comment

I hope this helps clear up some things: This was from August 23 on Twitter.

Vols have 2022 PG Zakai Zeigler
                  @Realzakaiz
                  currently on campus for an OV…the staff is talking to him about possibly reclassifying and joining this year's team. https://247sports.com/player/zakai-zeigler-46118223/

Comment

Could be a coincidence... But interesting timing since we just had a scholly open up

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Could be a coincidence... But interesting timing since we just had a scholly open up
                      I don't think we know if a scholly has opened up. McFarlane received scholarship money to attend summer classes.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I don't think we know if a scholly has opened up. McFarlane received scholarship money to attend summer classes.
                        Right, Taylors post about that came up after I posted this possible scenario

Comment

I think that IB was interested in him to get a 2022 commitment, and a LOI in November. I doubt that the 2021 class has anything to do with us.

Comment

Reclassifying to 2021 and signing with Tennessee

Comment

Working...
                            X