No announcement yet.

Jalen Ricks 6'6 G/SF 2021 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the following quote from Taylor's article, his nose for rebounding at a high level (at Oak Hill Academy), and his ability to hit three point shots, he has a chance. He does need to add weight, but Clarence hasn't been a good shooter, therefore not earning extended playing time last year, so we will see if CJ improves or not.

"There is an avenue for Ricks to earn playing time elsewhere, as he did average 7.1 rebounds per game last season at Oak Hill playing a nationally-ranked schedule alongside a handful of other Division I prospects. If he can hit his goal of adding 20 pounds and prove himself capable enough on the defensive end, Ricks could make the case for spot minutes as a stretch power forward."

Comment

I don’t think Jackson’s lack of shooting is what held him back from earning more minutes last year. Which, he did actually get more minutes as the year progressed. More so his decision making and attention to detail.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
        I don’t think Jackson’s lack of shooting is what held him back from earning more minutes last year. Which, he did actually get more minutes as the year progressed. More so his decision making and attention to detail.
        I agree.

Comment

Stats from 20-21 season at Oak Hill

ricks.png
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            So more than Clarence’s shooting (including his shooting form from below his chin) sucked. Good for him that he had energy when he played.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              The depth in front of him could hold his opportunities back this year, but next year that can open up quite a bit.
              I agree. If he can bring the other aspects of his game up to the level needed at a D1 major program, he and Ricky could be unstoppable
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

As I recall when Ricks signed he said he was willing to take a year to develop and learn the D1 game. IB had also been saying he was looking for a player who didn't want instant minutes but could and would develop for minutes in the future. If IB got a player with the chops that Ricks has, and both IB and Ricks are looking at him as a project who can (and is willing to) take a year to develop...then Ricks could be a 6'7" shooter like Shamet with an attitude like Baker's.

Need a PG. Both Etienne and Porter could be gone after this year. Jenkins is another in a long line of combo guards who might be able to play PG at a high D1 level. If Jenkins can play PG, we could have 6'4" Jenkins at PG, 6'7" Ricks at SG and 6'6" Council at SF. then in future years, with a 6'11" post who can stroke it from 3.

Comment

If we can make all our shots, we should win.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                    As I recall when Ricks signed he said he was willing to take a year to develop and learn the D1 game. IB had also been saying he was looking for a player who didn't want instant minutes but could and would develop for minutes in the future. If IB got a player with the chops that Ricks has, and both IB and Ricks are looking at him as a project who can (and is willing to) take a year to develop...then Ricks could be a 6'7" shooter like Shamet with an attitude like Baker's.

Need a PG. Both Etienne and Porter could be gone after this year. Jenkins is another in a long line of combo guards who might be able to play PG at a high D1 level. If Jenkins can play PG, we could have 6'4" Jenkins at PG, 6'7" Ricks at SG and 6'6" Council at SF. then in future years, with a 6'11" post who can stroke it from 3.
                    I agree with you that TE is probably gone after this year. I am not so sure about Craig Porter. If CP is everything some of our posters believe he is, I would sure like having him for another year to play with RC4 and Jalen Ricjks. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      If we can make all our shots, we should win.
                      that's gold, Jerry! Gold!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Why do they call it Ovaltine? The mug is round. The jar is round. They should call it Roundtine
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Why do they call it Ovaltine? The mug is round. The jar is round. They should call it Roundtine
                          Does anyone get quoted more than the Seinfeld show on this board/ Probably not. Perhaps the real measure that the show/movie is a classic.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Does anyone get quoted more than the Seinfeld show on this board/ Probably not. Perhaps the real measure that the show/movie is a classic.
                            And the relative age of many of our posters.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

And the relative age of many of our posters.
                              You had to bring that up, huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

That assumes we get enough shots and not turn the ball over and not allow the opponent every offensive rebound so their 50% shooting percentage results in made shots EVERY possession.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X