Trey Alexander 6'4 G 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trey Alexander 6'4 G 2021

Trey Alexander is a 6'4 shooting guard from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He is ranked #55 in his class by ESPN, #81 by Rivals, and #83 by 247Sports.

Trey Alexander - Basketball Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Trey Alexander, Heritage Hall, Shooting Guard (247sports.com)

Trey Alexander, 2021 Shooting guard - Rivals.com

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    Trey Alexander is a 6'4 shooting guard from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He is ranked #55 in his class by ESPN, #81 by Rivals, and #83 by 247Sports.

Trey Alexander - Basketball Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Trey Alexander, Heritage Hall, Shooting Guard (247sports.com)

Trey Alexander, 2021 Shooting guard - Rivals.com

Auburn got another good one. How much is he making? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Auburn got another good one. How much is he making? lol
      He de-committed from Auburn in April.

Comment

I would take a 6’4, 4* freshman especially if we’re able to sign him this late in the game.

The comments about wanting a coach who will “let him make mistakes his freshman year” makes me wonder a little bit about how realistic his expectations are. Mistakes are part of the process, particularly when an effort is being made, but winning is more important than individual development of a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
          Mistakes are part of the process, particularly when an effort is being made, but winning is more important than individual development of a freshman.

Somebody hasn't been paying attention of late, because the opposite is what's true today.

Comment

This would be a absolute steal for HCIB and crew this late in the game.

Comment

I would take a 6’4, 4* freshman especially if we’re able to sign him this late in the game.

The comments about wanting a coach who will “let him make mistakes his freshman year” makes me wonder a little bit about how realistic his expectations are. Mistakes are part of the process, particularly when an effort is being made, but winning is more important than individual development of a freshman.
              Hot take, pie. Most of Memphis’ problems come from player development. We will never be a heady, senior laden team if we prioritize winning now over player development. There has to be a give and take.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Somebody hasn't been paying attention of late, because the opposite is what's true today.
                Yeah, I’m just not as willing to cast a blanket statement on every young person alive right now. Which is why I pointed out his statement. Could be something, could be nothing but I thought it worth noting.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Hot take, pie. Most of Memphis’ problems come from player development. We will never be a heady, senior laden team if we prioritize winning now over player development. There has to be a give and take.
                  I think it’s all relative. Obviously some amount of mistakes are going to happen, nobody is perfect especially freshmen. And all mistakes are not created equal. Screwing up while giving max effort is different than screwing up while loafing or repeating the same mistake despite coaching.

We already have an upperclassmen laden experienced roster and likely will for at least one more year. It’s going to be tough for a freshman guard to crack the rotation let alone ask the coaches to allow him to go out there and let him play and just accept his mistakes.

Maybe the quote was nothing, I just thought it was an interesting thing to say. I’m certainly not saying he’s a bad kid or I’m against signing him because of one sentence in a video with zero context or chance to follow up.

Comment

I think it’s all relative. Obviously some amount of mistakes are going to happen, nobody is perfect especially freshmen. And all mistakes are not created equal. Screwing up while giving max effort is different than screwing up while loafing or repeating the same mistake despite coaching.

We already have an upperclassmen laden experienced roster and likely will for at least one more year. It’s going to be tough for a freshman guard to crack the rotation let alone ask the coaches to allow him to go out there and let him play and just accept his mistakes.

Maybe the quote was nothing, I just thought it was an interesting thing to say. I’m certainly not saying he’s a bad kid or I’m against signing him because of one sentence in a video with zero context or chance to follow up.
                    His statement about wanting to come in and play right away and contribute, also leads me to believe that he is looking for a situation where the school doesn't have quality upper class men in front of him. He could certainly get playing time if he were talented enough that the fall off wasn't that much when he came in. Seems like a lot to ask when Tyson Etienne is in front of you. Oh well, I guess you give your sales pitch and see what happens. After all, a kid with that kind of talent is one that you take every time, if he decides he wants to come here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockadaisical View Post

His statement about wanting to come in and play right away and contribute, also leads me to believe that he is looking for a situation where the school doesn't have quality upper class men

Seems like a lot to ask when Tyson Etienne is in front of you. Oh well, I guess you give your sales pitch and see what happens. After all, a kid with that kind of talent is one that you take every time, if he decides he wants to come here.
                      Are you sure Tyson is coming back? Didn’t he kind of allude to the fact that he doesn’t want to?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Are you sure Tyson is coming back? Didn’t he kind of allude to the fact that he doesn’t want to?
                        You tell me ? I haven't heard anything that indicated that, but I certainly could have missed it. I have been under the impression all this time, that the NBA tryouts were strictly for getting feedback from the scouts and pro personal people. If there is a quote from him showing him thinking differently now, I am certainly intrigued.

Comment

I think he’ll be back, and I don’t remember an exact quote but his interview seemed to me Thai he was seriously hoping to skip his last two years, and be wanted enough by the NBA to take a chance.

Comment

Don’t think he fits what we are looking for. Don’t think I’m alone in that opinion.

Comment

The thing about most 18 year olds, is that they don’t know what their talking about.

Comment

Working...
                              X