Abdoulaye Thiam 6'3 SG 2021 JUCO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abdoulaye Thiam 6'3 SG 2021 JUCO

According to this tweet he is a qualifier in the 2021 class and will be eligible for 4 years of Division 1 play. Hometown is Orlando, Florida. Has received two D1 offers since the NJCAA tournament from Georgia Southern and UT Martin.

Abdoulaye Thiam - Indian River State College (prestosports.com)

Highlights from 2019-2020 high school season:

I saw he was mentioned in the other thread. Are we connected in any way?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      I saw he was mentioned in the other thread. Are we connected in any way?
      Judging by who mentioned him - we are

Comment

He sounds like a "Sniper". His other statistics aren't great, but he can sure shoot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
          He sounds like a "Sniper". His other statistics aren't great, but he can sure shoot it.
          A/TO ration only 0.5. Also less than a steal per game, but a pure "Sniper" no doubt.

Comment

Sounds similar to a teammate of TP's, Marcus Tsohonis. 2nd leading scorer on the team, but was 6th in minutes played. He'd have a 25 point game, then only play 8 minutes the next. There had to be a reason that I'd think. However, he transferred to VCU.

Question here is, with 4 eligible years, could he and the staff make him a more "complete" player? Might be worth the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              Question here is, with 4 eligible years, could he and the staff make him a more "complete" player? Might be worth the risk.
              Someone who is listed at 6'3 and can shoot at that percentage, is definitely worth one of the remaining 3 scholarships available, I would think.

Comment

Someone who is listed at 6'3 and can shoot at that percentage, is definitely worth one of the remaining 3 scholarships available, I would think.
                Yep - especially if he can D it up and bring a great attitude! I like this young man! We need another sniper! Go Shocks!
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Yep - especially if he can D it up and bring a great attitude! I like this young man! We need another sniper! Go Shocks!
                  As someone who has been begging for more efficient three point shooters you better believe I’m intrigued!

No idea if it would be an issue for this guy or not but I always trusted Marshall and the staff to coach guys up to an acceptable level defensively. Brown also wants solid defenders.

Comment

I know guys like Leons and Thiam are overlooked this year because of transfer roulette but once that winds down, their stock will rise. They key is signing them early, if we do in fact offer them...which I don’t have definitive or credible info on.

I have no info on this, other than a hunch, but it wouldn’t surprise me if we brought in a Walk-on with some height to push our big guys a bit in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      I know guys like Leons and Thiam are overlooked this year because of transfer roulette but once that winds down, their stock will rise. They key is signing them early, if we do in fact offer them...which I don’t have definitive or credible info on.

I have no info on this, other than a hunch, but it wouldn’t surprise me if we brought in a Walk-on with some height to push our big guys a bit in practice.
                      Surely we will sign one more big man before all is said and done? Even if it’s not one of the guys we want like Pohto or Muscadin I can’t imagine that we wouldn’t use one of the three remaining schollys on some kind of big.

Comment

Does that mean that we are still in Leon's ear and he is paying attention?

Comment

Here's a full game video from March v. State College of Florida.

Thaim (#23 in white) had 25 points on 5-7 from three. I just scanned a bit to make sure the game was the right one. He's got a little bit of an unconventional shot with a low release point, but on the makes the ball touches nothing but net and hangs in there and spins for awhile before falling to the court. Has a little juco in him from an effort standpoint on some plays -- but he seemed to crash the boards well (4 offensive rebounds) and looked serviceable on defense. Looks like a D1 player to me.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Does that mean that we are still in Leon's ear and he is paying attention?
                            He is paying attention. Again if we want these guys as Plan A’s then we need to sell out now before the transfer well goes dry.

What I don’t know is IB’s A,B, and C lists. That is for all of us to guess.

Comment

He is paying attention. Again if we want these guys as Plan A’s then we need to sell out now before the transfer well goes dry.

What I don’t know is IB’s A,B, and C lists. That is for all of us to guess.
                              I like Leon. But besides who we think are Plan A's are who are the player's Plan A.

Comment

Working...
                              X