NJCAA Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJCAA Tournament

Anyone paying attention? Two Kansas teams in the semis. Lots of good players nationally still on the board. I am taking an educated guess our staff is intrigued by some of them.

Had completely forgot. Used to never miss that. Who are you intrigued by?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      Anyone paying attention? Two Kansas teams in the semis. Lots of good players nationally still on the board. I am taking an educated guess our staff is intrigued by some of them.
      No doubt... been thinking the same thing.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Malevy Leons from Mineral Area for starters.

Comment

Malevy Leons from Mineral Area for starters.
          For Starters? Hmmmmmm

Comment

In 38 minutes Malevy Leons scored 21 points with three blocks, now that's what I call impressive!!! Read that on Basketball on Point here: https://basketballonpoint.com/
            Last edited by perhapschange; April 26, 2021, 01:09 AM.

Comment

I went to the 4 games today. Fun games. All close. I think within 4 points. 2 went to OT. Cowley came from at least 22 down to beat Mineral Area, Leons’ team. Cowley has scored 137 and 105 in their 2 games. Pressed all 40 minutes. Trailed 97 to 90, if I remember right, then scored 10 straight to take the lead. Gave up a lot of easy baskets, but eventually wore Mineral Area out who I believe may have been undefeated or with 1 loss going in.

Leons could be the dream stretch 4. Has all the skills. 6’9 with long arms. Athletic, coordinated and great vision. Blocked shots. Can run the fast break. Make the pass or finish. Press break outlet and can bring the ball up easily against another big. Excellent shooter. With his length, he can guard on the perimeter pretty well for a young, tall player. Skinny, but so is the 7 footer who just signed with Gonzaga. Euro, I forget which country. Hopefully, we have known about him and have been recruiting him. He would be a unique player for Wichita State. Can’t think of a comparison. Could be a point forward on offense in the future. Maybe, I am getting carried away, but I would love to see him in a Shocker uniform.

Chipola has a freshmen point guard, Jaeden Zachary from Wisconsin, who is listed as 6’2, 210 and evidently, is a freshmen qualifier. Just offered by Green Bay. Good shooter, almost 40 % from 3 and averaged about 12 points and 4.5 assists. Almost 17 a game in his last 7 or 8 games. Strong ball handler. Looks athletic enough to be a good defender, but Chipola mostly played zone.

Nebraska has a signee from Ranger who is Japanese or of Japanese descent who looks like he might weigh 130 pounds, but he can really shoot it from deep. 50% on the season. I don’t think he will be able to guard anybody, but you better not leave him. Scored 25 or so tonight.

Comment

Comment

He reminds me of Mahrnord Martina or Bart Westgeese...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Several players are interesting to me but also have some drawbacks:

Saterfield from Ranger
                    Ridgnal from Cowley
                    Perry and Bettis (Fr) from Coffeyville
                    Brown from Indian River
                    Zackery and Tomlin from Chipola

Also Coffeyville has a 7-1 Center who is not playing this year but eligible to sign that may be worth at least looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

He reminds me of Mahrnord Martina or Bart Westgeese...

Ewww. He kind of reminds me of Prim from Missouri State but a bit more mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Had completely forgot. Used to never miss that. Who are you intrigued by?
                        Sorry I missed this, Pin. See response below

Comment

Several players are interesting to me but also have some drawbacks:

Saterfield from Ranger
                          Ridgnal from Cowley
                          Perry and Bettis (Fr) from Coffeyville
                          Brown from Indian River
                          Zackery and Tomlin from Chipola

Also Coffeyville has a 7-1 Center who is not playing this year but eligible to sign that may be worth at least looking at.
                          the Perry kid already committed I think

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

the Perry kid already committed I think
                            You are right and I missed that. That just happened this week. Apologies.

Comment

Cowley in the finals, handles Ranger easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X