Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt McFarlane 6'10 C 2021 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I'd be happy with those numbers, especially if it's a consistent 10-15 minute contribution, game in and game out vs. 15 minutes one game and then doesn't play more than 15 the next 2 (or 3) games combined. Sort of like we saw from Porter.
    I think Mac is better than that. He's not Wamukota/Orupke level, he's more like Willis/Echenique level. With his length, speed and footwork he will see minutes at the 4 as well as 5. I'm going with 17 mpg / 7 ppg / 5 rpg / 1+ bpg. I actually think Pohto will take a little more time to adjust to NCAA ball and develop.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Which ever one of you is correct on Mac, I'm just excited to have him as a Sophomore and see him grow. I do agree with Wuzee's 1 bpg. You left that out, and may be an important part of his game, and show a talent that is easier for him to show early on. His Juco coach said he he natural shot blocking instincts. Maybe he is a natural for rebounding and shot blocking, and that comes early. That's really what we need from him down low.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

How good do you expect McFarlane to be right away?
        National Player of the Year candidate ... I expect that out of all of our players. If the Nation Player of the Year list isn't just a picture of WSU's complete roster, the year was a complete and utter failure!

/sarcasm

Comment

• If I had to guess, I would say that if McFarlane and Pohto want to get playing time their initial focus should be on defense and rebounding. The sooner they realize that the better for themselves and the team.

In their first year neither is likely to be the first, second or even probably third go to scorer while on the court. Any scoring they provide at first is a bonus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

I think Mac is better than that. He's not Wamukota/Orupke level, he's more like Willis/Echenique level. With his length, speed and footwork he will see minutes at the 4 as well as 5. I'm going with 17 mpg / 7 ppg / 5 rpg / 1+ bpg. I actually think Pohto will take a little more time to adjust to NCAA ball and develop.
            That's even better yet. Man, I hope you're right, and I'm not implying it won't. That would bode well on a frontline that already has Mo and Pleasant.

We all know about Mo already, but of Pleasant, HCIB has this to say: “He shoots, passes and handles the ball well, which allows him to play multiple forward spots. Joe is the type of guy who can really stretch a defense because he can score it from just about anywhere. We think he’ll be a great fit here.” By all means please throw a 6'10 or 6'11 guy in there too.

It appears WSU could give teams 'multiple' headaches next year.
            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 12, 2021, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• We lost this guy?

Good God... the hits just keep comin'.

Comment

• He has landed at LaSalle.

Comment

• Good for him. Wish him all the best.

Comment

• So do we get our scholarship back?
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...