Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt McFarlane 6'10 C 2021 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *BUMP*

Hi Matt! Missed you! Call me!

Comment

• I hope McFarlane takes advantage of his time at WSU this summer. Even though he shows good athleticism, the AAC is a physical tough conference. He will need to get stronger to compete in this league. Go Shocks.

Comment

• McFarlane is being seen with some skepticism. His JuCo stats aren't that impressive, but compare them to Echenique's stats - and McFarland probably played in a tougher conference.

PPG:
        McFarlane - 10.7
        Echenique - 9.2

Rebounds
        Mcfarlanw - 6.7
        Echenique - 5.4

FG%
        McFarlane - 52.7%
        Echenique - 61%

Comparing stats across JuCo conferences is not reliable, but it appears Echenique was more efficient on offense and McFarlane is more efficient on rebounding. Stats are so similar that I can see where a reasonable expectation for McFarlane is about at Echenique's level.

Comment

• I for one am very excited about McFarlane! He’s a long athletic big that the Shox were missing last year.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
            McFarlane is being seen with some skepticism. His JuCo stats aren't that impressive, but compare them to Echenique's stats - and McFarland probably played in a tougher conference.

PPG:
            McFarlane - 10.7
            Echenique - 9.2

Rebounds
            Mcfarlanw - 6.7
            Echenique - 5.4

FG%
            McFarlane - 52.7%
            Echenique - 61%

Comparing stats across JuCo conferences is not reliable, but it appears Echenique was more efficient on offense and McFarlane is more efficient on rebounding. Stats are so similar that I can see where a reasonable expectation for McFarlane is about at Echenique's level.
            Are those career stats (frosh and soph)?

Man, I hope he's as good as Echinique was for us. With Mo on the same front line, to go with Plesant and a young Pohto, look out ACC...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Man, I hope he's as good as Echinique was for us. With Mo on the same front line, to go with Plesant and a young Pohto, look out ACC...
              Shaping up to have a really versatile three headed monster. They each provide something different in their game, so HCIB will be able to really strategize how he’s going to attack the opponent.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Totally agree. I still hope they all get stronger over the summer. It will help. Go shocks.

Comment

• McFarlane and Pohto will at minimum provide resistance against bigger athletic AAC post players. Mo could not match up with the Cisses's (and even Vogt from UC) so having the size and athleticism needed in the AAC will help a lot.
                  Before any of the Mo crowd start chanting their SN support, Mo did what he could with what he has. He certainly tries and deserves all props for it. But he just doesn't have the ability to match up with serious low post athletes in this league. Props to IB and staff for going out and getting the types needed to compete with the Memphis, Houston and UC's of the league.

That is all.
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                    McFarlane and Pohto will at minimum provide resistance against bigger athletic AAC post players. Mo could not match up with the Cisses's (and even Vogt from UC) so having the size and athleticism needed in the AAC will help a lot.
                    Before any of the Mo crowd start chanting their SN support, Mo did what he could with what he has. He certainly tries and deserves all props for it. But he just doesn't have the ability to match up with serious low post athletes in this league. Props to IB and staff for going out and getting the types needed to compete with the Memphis, Houston and UC's of the league.

That is all.
                    If you’re saying Mo wasn’t a top 3 center in the AAC, that’s true. If you’re saying the new guys will be this year, I’m not sure I agree.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      If you’re saying Mo wasn’t a top 3 center in the AAC, that’s true. If you’re saying the new guys will be this year, I’m not sure I agree.
                      Wufan,
                      Nope, neither will be top 3 in the league. They have athleticism and size that was sorely missed last year. However, they are also first year players in a top level league and will get a baptism of fire to go along with it.
                      Both are probably a good year of 'seasoning' from rising to elite level status in the AAC. But at least we now have personnel capable of matching up with the others in the league.

That is all.
                      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                        McFarlane and Pohto will at minimum provide resistance against bigger athletic AAC post players. Mo could not match up with the Cisses's (and even Vogt from UC) so having the size and athleticism needed in the AAC will help a lot.

That is all.
                        I’m a Mo supporter. I think all Mo supporters agree he needed help against taller athletic centers. It’s not his fault our taller/bigger centers were useless. Glad the coach got some more guys we can hopefully mix and match.

Comment

• I think the new guys will be a great improvement over the guys who all bailed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I’m a Mo supporter. I think all Mo supporters agree he needed help against taller athletic centers. It’s not his fault our taller/bigger centers were useless. Glad the coach got some more guys we can hopefully mix and match.
                            I agree. If we are in a situation where Mo is getting bullied down low we now have some viable options to throw out there, rather than going small ball. Even adding Pleasant (6'8) should help our frontline.

Comment

• I guess I don’t get the argument here. No couldn’t compete with the elite guys, but these guys can. But they aren’t elite either.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                I guess I don’t get the argument here. No couldn’t compete with the elite guys, but these guys can. But they aren’t elite either.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X