Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt McFarlane 6'10 C 2021 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am intrigued. Seems to be a step up from what we lost.

I do think JB COULD have been good but was never gonna get there I am afraid.

This guy comes in with some of the same potential but doesn't seem to be broken.

Everyone was crying about post defense and it seems this guy will give us an improvement there at least.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I just feel ornery today, but why are we standardizing our post recruiting to JB. We recruited Hall, Willis, Shaq while in the MVC. Let's at least use those as standards for crying out loud. Udeze couldn't carry those players jock straps, but he is our baseline post player today???
      Mo would see little to no court time if on any of those teams.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I’m almost hesitant to be excited about this guy now.

6’10, some nice moments on film (why would they show anything else), and pretty good stats.

I like going the JUCO route to build depth at the center position, especially when he is eligible for three more years. He has an entire, hopefully normal offseason to hit the weight room and learn what is expected.

If he’s good enough to overtake Mo and start at some point, great. I think Mo is good enough now, and can still improve, that it’s ok to continue the tradition of the three headed monster at center.

As always, we’ll see when the ball tips, but this dude looks like he can be a productive part of that next year and maybe more in the following years.

Comment

He knows how to spell Wichita... So that's a good start.

Tweet isn't showing.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

My hyperbole comment was based on your Mo take this year. This is an extension of that. Mo couldn’t handle their jockstraps? I don’t buy that. We’re all entitled to our opinions but it’s also fair to expect some push back from time to time.
            Now we are getting somewhere. You use words I have to stop and think about for a second. Instead of hyperbole, just tell me I am all wet with the Udeze take. I can handle that. Again, this is a fan board and I realize not everyone is onboard with my thoughts on Udeze. Thank you for the clarification. I will take my sinister witch spell off of you now.

Comment

Taylor Eldridge: "Wichita State beat out the likes of Loyola-Chicago, South Carolina, St. John’s and Colorado for the services of Matt McFarlane, a 6-foot-10 center who will have three years with the Shockers."

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He knows how to spell Wichita... So that's a good start.

Tweet isn't showing.

https://twitter.com/Matthew88509481/...298917378?s=19
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm ecstatic...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Excellent start! I like that he has three years of eligibility. Hope KR can help him put on multiple pounds of muscle.
                    Last edited by WeWillShockU; April 1, 2021, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I just feel ornery today, but why are we standardizing our post recruiting to JB. We recruited Hall, Willis, Shaq while in the MVC. Let's at least use those as standards for crying out loud. Udeze couldn't carry those players jock straps, but he is our baseline post player today???
                      Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        I've seen enough. This guys can do things IPBC and MU can't do. On the other hand, MU can show him how to use that big body to be more forceful in posting up and back down a defender. I guess that's where the "soft" comment comes from.
                        C'mon Dan The Man! This guy's (assuming it's ok to say 'dude's'?) from Philly...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

No place like home...Colby County Community College.

Comment

As long as he can catch the ball in traffic without turning it over and run the floor he'll help.

Comment

Do we need to add into this thread title "is a SHOCKER!!!"
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                                Is McFarlane the Juco big man, HCIB was saying we were close to signing in Taylor Eldridge's article?

Not a typical red headed Irishman, but he is tall, long, athletic, has some low post moves, and a nice touch from close to medium range.
                                He's Irish?

Comment

Working...
                                X