Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021-22 Scholarship Grid

**6/7/21 - Added Jalen Rick.**
    **5/5/21 - Added Kenny Pohto. Changed positions to number 1-5 with primary position first**
    **4/15/21 - Updated to add Joe Pleasant.**
    **4/13/21 - Updated to add Qua Grant and take off Alterique Gilbert (not expected to return)**
    **4/1/21 - Updated to remove Bilau and add Matt McFarlane**

**3/30/21 - Updated to remove Trey Wade.**

**3/29/21 - Updated to take off IPBC and Jaden Seymour and to add Craig Porter Jr. back. 5 open scholarships to give as of now. **

** Updated to remove Craig Porter, Jr. **

Capture.JPG
    Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; June 7, 2021, 06:22 PM.

Would love to see the Shox add at least one grad transfer/senior and a couple of Freshman to balance the classes.

Comment

Shox clearly need to add some size and depth at the 4 and 5. I would like to see a Freshman and 2 senior grad transfers to balance the classes more.

Comment

Looks like Clarence Jackson will be wearing #5 next year.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Based on our needs and the direction the wind is blowing I’m guessing the next domino to fall will be the signing of one of Rebraca/Groce/Pleasant.

Signing McFarlane, Grant and one of those three takes care of our three biggest needs I think.

We still need one more center for the rotation. I hope it’s Muscadin but based on my expectations for that role - 5-10 minutes of defense and rebounding - we should have plenty of options.

The final scholarship seems like the one Taylor mentioned might go unfilled into June. We can afford to just wait and see what develops.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            Based on our needs and the direction the wind is blowing I’m guessing the next domino to fall will be the signing of one of Rebraca/Groce/Pleasant.

Signing McFarlane, Grant and one of those three takes care of our three biggest needs I think.

We still need one more center for the rotation. I hope it’s Muscadin but based on my expectations for that role - 5-10 minutes of defense and rebounding - we should have plenty of options.

The final scholarship seems like the one Taylor mentioned might go unfilled into June. We can afford to just wait and see what develops.
            I’d like to see Muscadin and Rebraca. I’d like long term for Muscadin or McFarlan to learn the 4. They both have the athletic skills to play and guard both the 4 and 5. I’m not sure how far they are with handles, etc. but they are both a Freshman and Sophomore.

Comment

Mike The Mc has handles!
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

It seems pretty crazy to me that we might not sign a HS recruit this cycle. A result of the availability of transfers I suppose.

Comment

As I understand it, many good high school players are being recruited well before their senior year. I have nothing beyond pure speculation, but we could have lost out on high school players who were being recruited before the coaching change. Transfers, well, you hope they aren't being recruited before they enter the portal.
                  Last edited by ShockerLurker; April 13, 2021, 09:17 PM. Reason: Edit: meant to quote the post before mine

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

It seems pretty crazy to me that we might not sign a HS recruit this cycle. A result of the availability of transfers I suppose.
                    I guess when I think about it Ricky and Jenkins will be freshman next year. Muscadin would be a freshman. Why sign a HS kid when you can potentially get a frosh who has a year of D1 experience, even if it’s just in practice and sitting on the bench.

Still, I guess we don’t know how the next couple months might shake out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I’d like to see Muscadin and Rebraca. I’d like long term for Muscadin or McFarlan to learn the 4. They both have the athletic skills to play and guard both the 4 and 5. I’m not sure how far they are with handles, etc. but they are both a Freshman and Sophomore.
                      If Muscadin and Rebraca choose to come here...shoot. You would really have to temper my expectations for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        Would love to see the Shox add at least one grad transfer/senior and a couple of Freshman to balance the classes.
                        I don't know if we need to balance the classes anymore with the way players are jumping into the transfer portal every year. I think the transfer portal might take care of the balancing for us, or the need to have balanced classes.

Comment

isn't porter a sophomore? Thought he only spent one year at Vincennes?
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                            isn't porter a sophomore? Thought he only spent one year at Vincennes?
                            No, he played two years of juco. Maybe you are confusing him with Jackson who did only play one year of juco?
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Nm

Comment

Working...
                              X