Preston Murphy 6'1 PG 2022 Offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preston Murphy 6'1 PG 2022 Offered

Shockers have offered Preston Murphy, Jr. who is a 6'1" PG out of St. Andrew's School (Rhode Island) and formerly in Omaha. Originally committed to DePaul and recently opened his recruitment back up after Dave Leito was fired. Rated 3* by VerbalCommits, 247Sports, and Rivals. Other offers included Depaul, Buffalo, UMASS, Rhode Island, Bryant, Siena, Clemson, and UNLV. Interest from Penn State, WSU, Washington, Georgia, Rhode Island, New Mexico, and San Diego since decommitting.

His Dad was an assistant at Creighton and their is an "interesting" story there...feel free to Google.

With the activity on PG's, I'd say its a good chance AG isn't coming back.

https://247sports.com/Player/Preston...y-Jr-46058608/

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...rphy-jr-233760

Highlights:

Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; March 24, 2021, 05:56 PM.

I’ve seen better defense from the Mexican Navy than is shown in this video. Zero substance to judge his talent.

Comment

Agreed. Not a great highlight video.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Here's another video that shows his ability to distribute the basketball. He's a little bit smaller (of course his videos are from his Freshman year), but he reminds me of Fred a little. Totally unselfish, a coaches son, and he seems to have a cerebral approach. There's a lot you can't tell about a player from a video and a ranking, but he looks pretty good for a 2022 PG.

Quote from Rivals Basketball Recruiting Analyst, Corey Evans:
        Preston Murphy Jr.
        is a rising sophomore who brings a blue-collar approach to the backcourt

More than 200K teams across 40 sports use Hudl to capture, analyze and learn from video and data.
        Last edited by Shockm; March 25, 2021, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
          Here's a comment from Corey Evans that says something, and another video that shows his ability to distribute the basketball. He's a little bit smaller (of course his videos are from his Freshman year), but he reminds me of Fred a little. Totally unselfish, a coaches son, and he seems to have a cerebral approach. There's a lot you can't tell about a player from a video and a ranking, but he looks pretty good for a 2022 PG.

Preston Murphy Jr.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2ExCJM
          Interesting. That video shows him playing against much better competition (highest classification in the state of NE).

Seems to be willing to distribute and score. Not sure of his upside but at least this video is better than the first one.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
            Here's another video that shows his ability to distribute the basketball. He's a little bit smaller (of course his videos are from his Freshman year), but he reminds me of Fred a little. Totally unselfish, a coaches son, and he seems to have a cerebral approach. There's a lot you can't tell about a player from a video and a ranking, but he looks pretty good for a 2022 PG.

Quote from Rivals Basketball Recruiting Analyst, Corey Evans:
            Preston Murphy Jr.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2ExCJM
            Much better. Thank you

Comment

Second video is better. Looks more talented than either of the PG we have on the roster honestly. Hard to tell with the competition level. I would tend to trust those who do it for a living though.

Comment

Comment

I like how they make all those kids wear chinstraps as part of the uniform

Comment

Working...
                  X