No announcement yet.

2021 Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manek is still available and is EXACTLY what we need most if he was just interested.
    A stretch four dead eye shooter who can also play some center minutes if needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      Manek is still available and is EXACTLY what we need most if he was just interested.
      A stretch four dead eye shooter who can also play some center minutes if needed.
      Manek committed to UNC today

Comment

• Yea, I saw that right after posting. Now I see TE, our only known shooter, will be testing
        the draft. WE NEED 2-3 SHOOTERS WHATEVER THEIR POSITION.

Comment

• I can't imagine Etienne will stay in the draft this year. Don't believe I have seen anything projecting him being drafted. It's a great idea for him to test it but I don't see any reason to adjust recruitment based on this. Still business as usual.

Comment

Yea, I saw that right after posting. Now I see TE, our only known shooter, will be testing
            Don’t get Manek-Depressive over this please

Comment

Yea, I saw that right after posting. Now I see TE, our only known shooter, will be testing
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

(said in my whispering voice to not offend WstateU)

Actually, Ricky shot a better percentage than Tyson from 3 and Dexter shot a better percentage than Tyson from the free throw line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

(said in my whispering voice to not offend WstateU)

Actually, Ricky shot a better percentage than Tyson from 3 and Dexter shot a better percentage than Tyson from the free throw line.
                  I'd like to see what Ricky can do with Tyson's shot volume and defensive pressure he faces. My guess is a way lower percentage. Dex, on the other hand, could be a 40% 3 pt shooter if he put in the time.

Comment

• The Ettiene we all saw in March could use a little refinement to his game (drive-n-dish). He has to learn other ways to "take over" a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Dex, on the other hand, could be a 40% 3 pt shooter if he put in the time.
                      Actually, Dexter did shoot 40% from 3 his Freshman year. I think he took more 3 point shots too than he did this year. He shot 34% this year, and I’ll take 33% or above from volume shooters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Actually, Dexter did shoot 40% from 3 his Freshman year. I think he took more 3 point shots too than he did this year. He shot 34% this year, and I’ll take 33% or above from volume shooters.
                        yes, it seems like that last 2 years he's been trying to be more than a "3 and D" player, which has affected his overall shooting percentages.

Comment

• I went through the Verbal Commits transfer portal listing 6 days ago. 1317 names. 19% freshmen, 24% sophomores, 30% juniors and 27% seniors.
                          25% came from the top 7 conferences. 75% from the rest.

There were 97 players who had committed to the top 7 conference schools. 46 were transferring from another top 7 conference school. The other 51 were transferring up. 250 were transferring among the lower conferences. 28 had chosen jucos and lower division schools. 962 have not made a decision. Since Tuesday, 110 more players have made commitments, but the number of players has increase by about 70.

44 two star players have committed to the top 7 conferences. 1002 of the players on the list were rated as 2 star players. I have read that around 100 are walk ons.

I have read that juco commitments are down over 60% compared to this time last year.

I think a lot of high school seniors, jucos and D1 transfers are going to be disappointed. How many coaches are going to want 14 man rosters if they have a senior coming back for an extra year? How many coaches are going to hold a scholarship hoping for a real difference maker? How many AD’s are going to tell their head coaches that it wouldn’t hurt to save some money this year? D1 transfers have the advantage that if they transfer that their new school knows that it will be much more difficult to transfer again without sitting out.

I would love to see a freshman transfer like Muscadine, a 1 year guy like Goldwire and I would hold one in the hope for a pie in the sky transfer like Tre Mitchell(just throwing a name out there).

Without in person recruiting, it is really impossible to know what is going on if the player or coaches aren’t talking(leaking) to the press. I wonder how many players are traveling on their own to see the schools they are considering. It would be interesting to know how many phone calls the coaches are making.

Comment

• Chris Vogt (7'1" 260 LB) center from Cincinnati in the portal. Not surprising as he followed Brannen from E. Kentucky. Averaged 5.0 / 3.5 / 1.1 / 1.1 points rebounds assists blocks last season. Averaged 11.0 / 5.9 / 0.8 / 1.6 as a junior. Was a senior last year so he would be a grad transfer with one year left.

View the profile of Wisconsin Badgers Center Chris Vogt on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

yes, it seems like that last 2 years he's been trying to be more than a "3 and D" player, which has affected his overall shooting percentages.
                              The ability to drive is what the NBA has told him they want. He’s an ok 3 point shooter for the NBA.

Comment

• Former USF guard David Collins commits to Clemson.

Comment

Working...
                                X