Any more for 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any more for 2012?

I'm guessing most Shockernetters don't think so. But Paul Suellentrop on his chat today said, "I wouldn't be surprised if they add a big man in the spring." I'll go along with Paul.
    Last edited by tropicalshox; January 20, 2012, 11:18 PM.
    In the fast lane

It looks like a juco big might be a need. ........we are already 1 over, in theory, yes?

Comment

Adding another would require at least one more to leave.

SR: DWill, Hall, Ehimen, Anacreon
      JR: Early
      SO: White, Wessel, Cotton
      FR: Green, Henry, Hawkins, FVV, Baker

That doesn't count Armstead as a 'ship. I could maybe see one of the above as leaving. But I don't see two. If Armstead is supposed to get one I don't know where the other 'ship would come from.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Adding another would require at least one more to leave.

SR: DWill, Hall, Ehimen, Anacreon
        JR: Early
        SO: White, Wessel, Cotton
        FR: Green, Henry, Hawkins, FVV, Baker

That doesn't count Armstead as a 'ship. I could maybe see one of the above as leaving. But I don't see two. If Armstead is supposed to get one I don't know where the other 'ship would come from.
        That also doesn't include Mitchell.

Comment

I have zero expectation of Mitchell ever being on scholarship. That's why I left him off with Vautravers. I listed the 13 on 'ship and mentioned Armstead because there's been a lot of speculation on if he will or won't have one. I've never heard 3G or any coach on staff say he'd get one, but Sully has said repeatedly that he would. Not sure if he's been told that or if it's just an assumption since he came from Oregon.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I'm not thinking too much about scholarships anymore. LOL we have three good players setting in the wings right now on their own dime.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
              That also doesn't include Mitchell.
              Mitchell is a walkon

Comment

I would be shocked if we don't have someone head out.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                  I would be shocked if we don't have someone head out.
                  Me too, but I like what we've got on our bench and don't want to see anyone leave. That being the case, I'll likely be a little upset this spring when someone announces that they won't be back.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Yeah, me too. I would be very comfortable taking my chances next year with the line up we have slated. But my livelyhood isn't even remotely affected by wins and losses.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't think Anacreon will be back. He will be a senior and he will most likely want to play his senior year.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
                        Unfortunately I don't think Anacreon will be back. He will be a senior and he will most likely want to play his senior year.
                        This seems like the most likely scenerio to me as well.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

On the Locker Room show, Hieir was asked about recruiting. He could have answered, "now that we are done with 2012......"; but he did not. He said, "still working on 2012, as well as 2013 and 2014."

Comment

They're always going to keep doors open. I don't think we need another
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              They're always going to keep doors open.
                              Some people on here think that every player who leaves is pushed out. Not the case. I remember when Ricky Ross left KU and Greg Dreiling left WSU. Neither of these players were pushed out. They weren't happy where they were. Some leave because of homesickness, some leave because of personality conflicts, some leave for playing time, girl friends, etc. Of course, they continue to recruit. They don't how many players may leave at the end of the year. The players themselves that will leave probably don't know yet that they will leave. It's just a part of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X