No announcement yet.

Langston Wilson - 6'9" F - JUCO to Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man we need a 6'9 power forward!!! C'mon!!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

He would do. I guess, we are in his Top 4? He appears to have better handles and perimeter skills than Willis, and is a better inside threat than Cle. Probably not as good of a shooter as Cle.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        He would do. I guess, we are in his Top 4? He appears to have better handles and perimeter skills than Willis, and is a better inside threat than Cle. Probably not as good of a shooter as Cle.
        Not necessarily. Shox weren't in his final 10 when he committed to Alabama and there is this tweet about his current recruitment. I would hope that we are at a minimum in contact with him. He might not be interested but the call should be made.

Comment

I am guessing the commitment of Noah Gurley (transfer from Furman) who averaged 15.4 and 5.8 last season and who has two years of eligibility had something to do with the de-commmit. Seemed to happen pretty quickly once Gurley committed.

Comment

I wondered why someone this good was at Junior College. I researched and his story is really quite amazing.
            Sidelined at Bonner-Prendergast when doctors suspected he may have had Marfan syndrome, Wilson was finally cleared to play. A year at a Georgia junior college has turned into 44 scholarship offers.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post
              I wondered why someone this good was at Junior College. I researched and his story is really quite amazing.
              Fantastic story! Now that is perseverance. Good luck to him. I will be rooting for him wherever he ends up.

Comment

This guy would be an awesome signing but he”s got as long list of options

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  This guy would be an awesome signing but he”s got as long list of options
                  He needs a call from Carl Hall...
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

How many kids these days in high school with their basketball dreams shattered would put that aside and spend four years sitting on the bench as team manager getting water and cheering on the other players? Amazing.

Comment

Gonna go ahead and move this one to doubtful...

Comment

Of the guys we currently seem to be targeting to fill the scoring/rebounding punch we need from the 4 spot I would be happy with either Pleasant, Groce, or Rebraca.

Rebraca would be my first choice because, based on stats alone, he seems to be the best combination of three point shooting, rebounding and shot blocking.

Pleasant has the best shooting numbers but doesn’t block many shots and is somewhat underwhelming as a rebounder, although he averages about as many as Trey Wade in his two years.

Groce is statistically the worst shooter but appears to be a slightly better rebounder and better shot blocker than Pleasant.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            No one ever says “cursed to receive an offer”

Comment

I believe the correct terminology is “propositioned” because you’re only going to get screwed.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

So true, but if there's one team that's cursed right now it's Washington! Just ask Eric Stevenson. Only 5 wins last season and half the team has left..

Comment

Working...
                                X