Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Another miss...
    ??? Would a dashboard confessional CD and an extra small t-shirt make you feel better?

I mean what’s the point of the morose declarations with each player who doesn’t sign with WSU? Who knows why this kid or anyone else choosing another school. Maybe we were never that interested or vice versa.

It’s always been my understanding that recruiting is a numbers game as much as a talent evaluation and connections. You need a lot of hooks in the water.

I enjoy following the recruiting stuff and do end up with favorites but I don’t get too attached to anyone because who knows what’s actually going on behind the scenes.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

??? Would a dashboard confessional CD and an extra small t-shirt make you feel better?

I mean what’s the point of the morose declarations with each player who doesn’t sign with WSU? Who knows why this kid or anyone else choosing another school. Maybe we were never that interested or vice versa.

It’s always been my understanding that recruiting is a numbers game as much as a talent evaluation and connections. You need a lot of hooks in the water.

I enjoy following the recruiting stuff and do end up with favorites but I don’t get too attached to anyone because who knows what’s actually going on behind the scenes.
      It's just hard because this is the first year we have ever missed a recruit that we targeted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It's just hard because this is the first year we have ever missed a recruit that we targeted.
        Bullshit. You think the coaches in the past would tell shocker fans that they missed on a recruit that they had targeted? Yikes my gosh!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Movin' on

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
            Another miss...
            Counting recruiting wins and misses based on social media sources. Seems like an accurate measure of how successful a coach is. BTW, quick search of recruits mentioning Kansas vs WSU is staggering. They MISS many more than we do.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Bullshit. You think the coaches in the past would tell shocker fans that they missed on a recruit that they had targeted? Yikes my gosh!!!!!!!!
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Comment

• [QUOTE=MikeKennedyRulZ;n1294854]Another miss...[/QUOT

Or perhaps we chose to pass on this one

Comment

• [QUOTE=Topshock;n1295272]
                    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                    Another miss...[/QUOT

Or perhaps we chose to pass on this one
                    Maybe. Don't know. Possible. Could be.

Comment

• I'm not sure this is a miss but we will probably never know. However, if we really have a chance for Muscadin, would you put Mading above him? Muscadin is a similar player to Mading but he is 6'10 and 220, instead of 6'10 and 190 (they both can jump). A couple of the other 6'9 PF targets also have a huge immediate upside.

But I would take Mading too, if it still happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                        I'm not sure this is a miss but we will probably never know. However, if we really have a chance for Muscadin, would you put Mading above him? Muscadin is a similar player to Mading but he is 6'10 and 220, instead of 6'10 and 190 (they both can jump). A couple of the other 6'9 PF targets also have a huge immediate upside.

But I would take Mading too, if it still happened.
                        For next year I would prefer Muscadin who has a year of experience at a high level D1, albeit mostly in practice and watching from the bench.

Doesn’t necessarily mean Muscadin will be better as a sophomore than Mading as a freshman. Mading might just be a better player.

Either way there’s zero chance Mading will be a shocker next year so it’s irrelevant. Maybe we’ll catch him on the transfer.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

For next year I would prefer Muscadin who has a year of experience at a high level D1, albeit mostly in practice and watching from the bench.

Doesn’t necessarily mean Muscadin will be better as a sophomore than Mading as a freshman. Mading might just be a better player.

Either way there’s zero chance Mading will be a shocker next year so it’s irrelevant. Maybe we’ll catch him on the transfer.
                          Muscadin will be a Freshman again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Muscadin will be a Freshman again.
                            Technically, yes. Experience wise he’s a sophomore which was my point.

Comment

• If we can get him, Muscadin as a Freshman > Mading as a Freshman. Not really close.

Comment

• goes to Buffalo

Comment

Working...
                                X