Kendall Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendall Wright

The WR from Baylor. Weren't we close to signing him for basketball? Some kind of cousin of JT Durley or something?

He was a sophomore on JT Durley's Pittsburg H.S. team JT's senior year. In the game I saw, Kendall was their leading scorer and was already a superior athlete with great quicks (obviously) and great shooting range. Naturally, the board (and maybe one of his relatives who posted?) was interested, but he developed into a star wide receiver in Texas, so I'm not sure how serious he was about playing DI hoops by his senior year.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

IF he were going to play only basketball, we had a great shot at him.

He made the right choice.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The guys calling the Baylor game last night said he's a potential first round pick. It has been fun watching his career.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

I do sometimes wonder what kind of impact he'd have on the basketball court for us.... The kid is going to be extremely wealthy in the not too distant futuer. Glad he's found success.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

When we followed Durley's HS basketball, Wright was just tearing up the box scores. His Dad was a poster here and said that if WSU would offer, he''d be here to play basketball. His Dad posted here for maybe 2 years. Wright was listed at 5'10" and was definitely a SG. His vertical was outrageous - and so was his time in the 40.

His Dad contacted Turgeon's staff and the staff was aware of Kendall and his interest in WSU. The problem identified by posters here was that a 5'10" guy wasn't likely to be a SG in D1. His Dad indicated Kendall didn't have PG skills and it was unlikely he'd want to play basketball at that position.

When basketball didn't work out, Wright accepted the schollie from Baylor. He was a pretty good complement to a Heisman Trophy QB.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

"There is some feeling in the draftnik community that Wright -- not RG3 -- is Baylor's top prospect for the 2012 draft, and the fourth-year senior did little do damage that notion in Thursday night's victory. Wright showed his toughness and RAC ability on a short first-quarter red-zone reception, breaking two tackles to battle his way in for an 11-yard touchdown. In the fourth quarter, Wright blew by man coverage to collect an underthrown pass from Griffin for a 48-yard bomb. Though he goes just 5-foot-10, 194, Wright is a playmaking downfield threat with a game that has generated comparisons to Panthers All-Pro wideout Steve Smith. A second-team All-American as a senior, Wright will likely run a forty time in the low-4.4s and projects as a possible late first-round pick."

Comment

Mel Kiper is projecting Wright as the 3rd best WR in the draft, behind Blackmon for Okie St. and Floyd for Notre Dame, and the 24th best overall. In his current mock draft (which is always fairly worthless except for discussion purposes) he has him going #26 to Houston.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

First round draft pick last night. Congrats!

Comment

Zero doubt he made the correct choice out of high school. The kid is a stud and I am happy for him. I know his father has been on the board in the past.

Hopefully they soaked in all the glory last night...1st round draft pick is pretty darned special.

Comment

Who drafted him?
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Who drafted him?
                        He was the 20th pick to the Jaquars... will be catching balls from Blaine Gabbert....
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

He went to the Titans.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            He went to the Titans.
                            Yep... my mistake...
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

For a guy who is a pure stud athlete, which Wright certainly is, football's definitely the way to go. In basketball it matters how tall you are; in baseball you need specialized skills like the ability to hit that don't always correlate with athletic ability. But Wright was made to be on a football field, and congratulations to him. He chose his sport wisely, and I wish him great success.

Comment

Working...
                              X