No announcement yet.

Esahia Nyiwe 6'10 F/C 2020 JUCO to Texas Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy looks good but he’s not 8’6”. You can’t coach that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      This guy looks good but he’s not 8’6”. You can’t coach that.
      What does this even mean?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

What does this even mean?
        You must not have heard about the giant WSU offered in the 2022 class yet..
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

You must not have heard about the giant WSU offered in the 2022 class yet..
          Tall, but he’s no Robert Wadlow.

Humankind has always been fascinated by extremes: As a result, the record for the tallest man ever has been featured in almost every edition of the Guinness World Records book since its inauguration in 1955.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Let’s do it. Rim protector, rebounder, wheels. We don’t need points next year, we need a role player with upside and fouls to give.
            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Sold

Comment

Coronavirus be damned... maybe the end is near! Gregg Marshall going after quick above the rim athletes????? Holy cow look at that! I guess the AAC has said hello the last couple years and Coach wants to reciprocate and say...Well HELLO!!!!!!!!
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

That would be the icing on the cake, super quick for a big. Makes Mitguard look like he’s stuck in cement. No disrespect to Mitguard...

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                    Esahia Nyiwe a 6'10 forward/center from Omaha, Nebraska. Was a sophomore at Clarendon College in Texas. His offers so far this spring have been Texas Tech and WSU. Will have two years to play D1.

Stats: https://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/20...sahianyiweo6bx
                    VC: http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/esahia-nyiwe

After closer examination I think these highlights are from E's freshman year at Iowa Western College as best I can tell.

Here is how Texas Tech sees him: https://wreckemred.com/2020/04/04/te...0-transfers/2/

Comment

Not seeing many suburban H-O-R-S-E players in the current recruits. Seeing some guys who can stretch defenses. Whether they can be made to be an upper-level AAC team remains to be seen, but the pieces seem to be there.

I don't drink the Kool-Aid, but I think a starting rotation of

Gilbert
                      Etienne
                      Dennis
                      Ward
                      Bilau

That lineup has a higher ceiling than last year's team had. The backups are unknown quantities. Bilau is also an unknown quantity, but he seems to be the best unknown quantity since Baker. The backup PG had 6.5 assists in JuCo last year. That's not playing JuCo ball the way SHJ was accused of playing JuCo ball.

With the lack of quality grad trfr big men, saving a schollie come4s into play.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        Not seeing many suburban H-O-R-S-E players in the current recruits. Seeing some guys who can stretch defenses. Whether they can be made to be an upper-level AAC team remains to be seen, but the pieces seem to be there.

I don't drink the Kool-Aid, but I think a starting rotation of

Gilbert
                        Etienne
                        Dennis
                        Ward
                        Bilau

That lineup has a higher ceiling than last year's team had. The backups are unknown quantities. Bilau is also an unknown quantity, but he seems to be the best unknown quantity since Baker. The backup PG had 6.5 assists in JuCo last year. That's not playing JuCo ball the way SHJ was accused of playing JuCo ball.

With the lack of quality grad trfr big men, saving a schollie come4s into play.
                        Ward? I assume you meant Wade?

We will still be a relatively young team again next year in terms of D-1 experience. I figure the guys we have at this point have a about 9 years of cumulative D-1 experience depending on how you count Gilbert (I assigned him 2 years of experience). That is the same as last year's roster although I guess that should really be measured in minutes played and not seasons played but I didn't want to put that much work into this post. I would take a 23-8 year again in a heartbeat sans all the drama although not necessarily predicting or expecting that. If this group can hang together and learn how to play as a team they could be pretty tough by the end of next year and beyond.

But it will be interesting to see how 3G tries to utilize the athleticism at his disposal.

Comment

Tyson Etienne 763
                          Dexter Dennis 1629
                          Trey Wade 732
                          Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler 209
                          Alterique Gilbert 1804
                          Total 5137
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                            Tyson Etienne 763
                            Dexter Dennis 1629
                            Trey Wade 732
                            Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler 209
                            Alterique Gilbert 1804
                            Total 5137
                            I think you missed the 444 minutes that Trey Wade played at Texas-El Paso as a freshman. That would put this years team (as of now) at 5,581.

Coming into last season I calculate the minute of experience at:

Dexter Dennis - 909
                            Jamarius Burton - 891
                            Trey Wade - 444
                            Erik Stevenson - 812
                            Jaime Echineque - 664
                            Morris Udeze - 294
                            Asbjorn Midtgaard -431
                            Isaiah PB-C - 209

Total = 4,654

So this years team has a bit more experience based on actual D-1 playing time. The difference of 927 points is about 4.6 games worth of team playing time based on 200 mpg.

27.9 games of team playing time for the current roster vs 23.3 games of team playing time for last year's roster coming into the season.

Just about all of those additional minutes are, perhaps importantly, at the point guard position. 1,804 for Alterique Gilbert vs 891 for Jamarius Burton (not all of whose minutes were at the point).

So we will me more experienced at the point guard position, A little more experienced on the wings. A lot less experience in the front court.

I do think we will be more athletic pretty much across the board.

Of course, this could still change depending on what happens with the last 2 scholarships and what happens with Dexter.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 5, 2020, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Pairing this kid up with Bilau, assuming Bilau truly has those long range chops we saw from his video, would definitely stretch some defenses. That’s probably not a normal lineup but even with these two relieving one another for a couple of years would be spectacular!

Comment

Some highlights from last season at Clarendon.

Comment

Working...
                                X