Jaden Seymour 6'8 F 2020 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Agree. Starting to think this reset is exactly what we needed.
    There sure were a lot of posts during the season recommending exactly what happened.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Comment

Has anyone seen Jaden Seymour’s Wing span listed or mentioned anywhere? It appears that it would rival Bileau’s length. JB’s WS was 7’3” on his 6’10” frame. I would suspect that JS’ would be 7’1” or 7’2”. That is big time length. Jaden’s length and athleticsm reminds a little of Precious Achiwa after he puts on 20 lbs. or so he might be a clone.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
          Has anyone seen Jaden Seymour’s Wing span listed or mentioned anywhere? It appears that it would rival Bileau’s length. JB’s WS was 7’3” on his 6’10” frame. I would suspect that JS’ would be 7’1” or 7’2”. That is big time length. Jaden’s length and athleticsm reminds a little of Precious Achiwa after he puts on 20 lbs. or so he might be a clone.
          JB was 6’10”?
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

JB was 6’10”?
            Bilau
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Like!

Comment

6’9 athlete is just what the doctor ordered. One more big and we’re set

Comment

Me likey! Going to be a fun season watching coach blend all these guys together!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

He's more Kevin Durant than Clevin Hannah!

WOW!
                    Carl Hall?

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post

Carl Hall?
                      I am pretty sure Kung Wu new that was probably who they were referring to. I think he was poking fun a the use of initials especially when there are multiple choices for the same initials.

JB is the one that often has caused me pause in the last year.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I am pretty sure Kung Wu
                        JB is the one that often has caused me pause in the last year.
                        It shouldn't now. We only have one JB, and it is a lot easier to just write JB than Jehosaphat Bilau.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

It shouldn't now. We only have one JB, and it is a lot easier to just write JB than Jehosaphat Bilau.
                          That it is. Or even Josaphat Bilau. Personally, I like referring to the players by the names or their known nick names. It will be interesting to see what kind of nick names develops for Josaphat.

However, it is hard to imagine anyone ever surpassing the simplicity and broad recognition of one Xavier McDaniel. Perhaps a topic for another thread. Best Shocker nick names.

Comment

Taylor Eldgridge: Wichita State adds high-upside forward as sixth commitment of 2020 recruiting class

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/article241757...#storylink=cpy
                            Corey Evans, a national recruiting analyst for Rivals, believes WSU just became the beneficiary of high-major programs scattering after the injury.
                            “I love his upside and he was just turning into a really good player before he tore his ACL,” Evans said. “Someone with his size, fluidity and ball skills is hard to find. His upside is tremendous and while I’m not saying he is this, he does have some Markis McDuffie dimensions. He’s a versatile wing forward that has his best days head.”

It was WSU’s commitment after the injury, an effort led by assistant coach Tyson Waterman, that convinced Seymour to want to become a Shocker. It also helped WSU’s case that Seymour’s former trainer in North Carolina was Gabe Blair, who played for the Shockers from 2009-11.

“Just the fact that they continued to talk to me and they recruited me hard,” Seymour said. “Gabe helped me in the process to make the decision. In the end, the (WSU) coaches are really what sold me.”

Seymour has the athleticism to play above the rim, which could make him a matchup nightmare for WSU’s opponents as a stretch power forward. In order to fulfill that potential, Seymour (6-9, 195 pounds) knows he has work to do in the weight room — something he’s looking forward to when he arrives at WSU.

WSU thinks its an ideal situation for Seymour. He has the potential to help the team right away, but there won’t be pressure right away with WSU planning to return Dexter Dennis at small forward and Trey Wade at power forward. Seymour will have time to develop his game, get stronger in the weight room and mature as he acclimates to the next level.

“I know he’s a pretty hard coach, and I definitely like that,” Seymour said. “I like a coach who is going to be honest with me and try to get the best out of me and not sugar coat anything. I’m looking forward to it.”

Comment

This roster retool is starting to look quite salty.
                              These replacements are more athletic and match up with the Houston/UC's of the conference much better.

At least on paper.

Have a feeling HCGM will enjoy bringing this group together and assembling a well oiled machine vs the previous set of the 'me first' gang.
                              These are the type of players that won't get out run, out leaped or beat by quicker real deal athletes in this league.

The Houston game was really painful to watch in January. However, it served as a real life wake up call to what is required to compete for league titles.
                              HCGM sent his lieutenants out the next week and given direct instructions on what to contact and actively recruit.
                              So far the hard the work really does seem to have paid off!

At least in April!

That is all.
                              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

That it is. Or even Josaphat Bilau. Personally, I like referring to the players by the names or their known nick names. It will be interesting to see what kind of nick names develops for Josaphat.
                                Think I'll call him Joe. On second thought, better naught...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X