No announcement yet.

Jaden Seymour 6'8 F 2020 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does seem like the recruiting was in full swing before the mass exodus occurred. If all those exiting were voluntary, I believe that's because their decision meant the coaching staff didn't have to make the decision for them. I can definitely come up with two that seem to fit in that category. Play for the name on the back and you get to play somewhere else.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Think I'll call him Joe. On second thought, better naught...

He is French. The sounds pretty “exotic” to me.

Joe Exotic it is!

#FreeJoe
      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Taylor Eldgridge: Wichita State adds high-upside forward as sixth commitment of 2020 recruiting class

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/article241757...#storylink=cpy
        Corey Evans, a national recruiting analyst for Rivals, believes WSU just became the beneficiary of high-major programs scattering after the injury.
        “I love his upside and he was just turning into a really good player before he tore his ACL,” Evans said. “Someone with his size, fluidity and ball skills is hard to find. His upside is tremendous and while I’m not saying he is this, he does have some Markis McDuffie dimensions. He’s a versatile wing forward that has his best days head.”

It was WSU’s commitment after the injury, an effort led by assistant coach Tyson Waterman, that convinced Seymour to want to become a Shocker. It also helped WSU’s case that Seymour’s former trainer in North Carolina was Gabe Blair, who played for the Shockers from 2009-11.

“Just the fact that they continued to talk to me and they recruited me hard,” Seymour said. “Gabe helped me in the process to make the decision. In the end, the (WSU) coaches are really what sold me.”

Seymour has the athleticism to play above the rim, which could make him a matchup nightmare for WSU’s opponents as a stretch power forward. In order to fulfill that potential, Seymour (6-9, 195 pounds) knows he has work to do in the weight room — something he’s looking forward to when he arrives at WSU.

WSU thinks its an ideal situation for Seymour. He has the potential to help the team right away, but there won’t be pressure right away with WSU planning to return Dexter Dennis at small forward and Trey Wade at power forward. Seymour will have time to develop his game, get stronger in the weight room and mature as he acclimates to the next level.

“I know he’s a pretty hard coach, and I definitely like that,” Seymour said. “I like a coach who is going to be honest with me and try to get the best out of me and not sugar coat anything. I’m looking forward to it.”
        Maybe this is just selective remembering but it seems to me that most of these recruits have a lot more team oriented comments on their commitments.

I remember hearing "they see me as their next Ron Baker", or "Coach wants me as his next great PG". This time I'm hearing, I know I'm going to have to work, and they are known for winning. I want to win type comments

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Maybe this is just selective remembering but it seems to me that most of these recruits have a lot more team oriented comments on their commitments.

I remember hearing "they see me as their next Ron Baker", or "Coach wants me as his next great PG". This time I'm hearing, I know I'm going to have to work, and they are known for winning. I want to win type comments

​​​
          Great point. I thought the same thing while reading all these articles. Glad to see I wasn’t the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Great point. I thought the same thing while reading all these articles. Glad to see I wasn’t the only one.
            So it could be 2 things.

Different type of players

​​​​​​Or

Coaches really did change the way they are recruiting and being more careful about what they say

Maybe both

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
              This roster retool is starting to look quite salty.
              These replacements are more athletic and match up with the Houston/UC's of the conference much better.

At least on paper.
              ... and the Memphis's and the S. Florida's (once they get their big Soph back).

We need these players to develop under GGG's coaching, because they already have the natural tools. Things appear to be heading in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

So it could be 2 things.

Different type of players

​​​​​​Or

Coaches really did change the way they are recruiting and being more careful about what they say

Maybe both
                Exactly! I kinda cringed when I read certain players saying " they think I can be the next Ron Baker", etc. Eeeow - I hated hearing that as it totally put expectations out there and of course 18-19 year olds are going to have that in their mind while on the court.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Bump for AZ
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                    Bump for AZ
                    Thank you!!!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Jaden Seymour is ranked the #45 ranked small forward by Rivals. Ricky Council IV is #50. Jadun Michael is 35, and Dillon Jones is ranked 37. I question how they rank players, especially this year.

https://n.rivals.com/position_rankin...etball/2020/SF

Comment

• Seymour held a 247 ranking that put him right around #100 in his class during his junior year. Since then, he’s torn his ACL, recovered and grown 2 inches. Big upside with this kid after a year in the program!
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Rivals and 247Sports still list him at 6-7, while VerbalCommits lists him at 6-9 along with MaxPreps. I'll go with the last two. I just don't want him coming in and being only 6-5.

Comment

Working...
                          X